Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Torsion bar trick how to with pics

Hey Fetto, I'm assuming your tires stick out a little ..... since you said your tires rubbed over all the bumps and dips in the highway. Did just replacing the shocks fix that problem? I have about 1.5-2" between my tires and my fenders on my Bravada and they rub pretty bad on the highway.
    67 Deville
    91 K5

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by SS10_2NV
    Hey Fetto, I'm assuming your tires stick out a little ..... since you said your tires rubbed over all the bumps and dips in the highway. Did just replacing the shocks fix that problem? I have about 1.5-2" between my tires and my fenders on my Bravada and they rub pretty bad on the highway.
    welcome to my old world.... lol i got different rims and smaller tires and no rub.. shocks would probly have helped... i had about a 1" gap between my wheels and fender and they hit on almost everything... small bumps too...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

ill have the shocks put in on wed. i sure hope it helps, my shocks are toasted so this should help pretty good

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

I'm gettin a little nervous about this 4" suspension drop in the front....... I havent changed that front shaft in my bravada yet, and it started binding on me today, so I jacked it up to make sure the axle was infact what was binding and not my bearing. I started looking everything over and it was only my axle that was binding, but I also noticed that the insides of my 245/50/16 tires are still heavily wearing ( like bald ). I have had an alignment, and all of my suspension components are tight. Am I missing something? And BTW I checked everything on the other side and noticed that it was all abnormally hot for the amount of driving I did. (cv shaft)
    67 Deville
    91 K5

if the tires are worn un evenly then... obviosuly they were never aligned properly..
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

well this was done on a new Hunter alignment rack that had those fancy flash sensors. And the guy is very experienced. I'm wondering if it was hard to get into spec using my factory spec. should I have him try and re-align it using a typhoon spec?
    67 Deville
    91 K5

How long does the torsion bar trick take to do by yourself anyone know? Also, if I flip the bars and put the adjusting bolt all the way back in how low will it be? I'm trying to get just 3in. out of it so I don't have to do a million things to worry about. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

no need to flip ur t bar then, this trick doesnt aply as much. just put in the keys normaly. get alot of LPS industrial, or some strong degreaser and lube. those keys are going to be in there tight. lube them up like a day before..yank them out and put the new drop keys in..u get 3.5 with the drop leys

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    ok ok... so ppl say 5 in is the lowest u can go with 4wd, what about baggin it? ive heard of ppl doing this n they say it cost them 20 bux to make everything urself, and that its easier being 4wd... the rear would be the same to bag as a 2wd correct?

is this true?

another question... how can u tell how far ur 4x4 is dropped? i went with the bell tech keys and the leafs in the rear... and i can only get a fist in the front wheel to the fender and i dont even think that much in the rear

can i go lower?
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

so what if u just disconnect the drive shaft to the front tires would that work... so that it doesnt mess up the 4 wheel drive ...casue if i could drop it real low for the spring and summer months and then just put the shaft back in and revese the torsion key for the winter months could that work with out messing up my 4 wheel drive possibiltys

Originally posted by steven1234
    so what if u just disconnect the drive shaft to the front tires would that work... so that it doesnt mess up the 4 wheel drive ...casue if i could drop it real low for the spring and summer months and then just put the shaft back in and revese the torsion key for the winter months could that work with out messing up my 4 wheel drive possibiltys

are u saying removing the halfshafts? even if u did it will still eat up you ball joints and make it hard as fuck to align
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Angry

i had to pull out the cross beam that holds the keys and notch the top so the key can angle high enough to put in so when i set in back on the ground i got the perfect drop i was looking for! i love the way it sits now and the ride is actually very good.

if you want to see how it looks, check it out. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2278971

looks good.
    I don't FAIL...
    I succeed in finding what doesn't work!!!

Death to the 2.8 groceriesgofast's Avatar

Re: Torsion bar trick how to with pics

Okay, i did the trick to the best of my ability and from what i picked up and now im just sittin on the frame. no resistance at all and the bolts are tightened all the way. why is this? i think i put the keys in right. do you know how to put it up an inch or so?