Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Torsion bar trick how to with pics

from where the key sat in stock position, flip it, so its upside down, then put the rear on jack stands. let the front sit on the ground, put the key back in, remeber, upside down then tighten the bolt all the way and it will sit where i think you want it.

look in a truckin magazine. they sell lowering keys too for these.

Death to the 2.8 groceriesgofast's Avatar
    But in the instructions it says that the key will just SIT on the adjuster block. the only two ways i get it in is either alot of recompressing the keys or Zero tension. and the keys are upside down. now, by putting them back to factory does that mean i may have to recompress the key back in so i can slide the adjuster in or should this go back in by hand? when its just hanging in the air, the key is either up inside the rails (flipped) or pointing down a little bit?
    '84 2wd 2d 2.8 2.5"/3"
    '91 4WD 5 speed V8 4 DOOR *Stripped*

what i had to do was this. i took out the support beam where the keys are held, cut a notch across the top. i put the key in upside down and tightened the adjuster screw all the way. its a lil bit of a pain in the arse, but it works and mine is done that way. the instructions didnt make sense to me cause it didnt work that way for me either. i lowered the rear 4" and the front sits perfectly even to that. does that make better sense to you?

oh, and not only turing the key upside down, but you have to put it in so that it points up.

if you want, i can email a pic of how mine looks if that will help you?

Death to the 2.8 groceriesgofast's Avatar
    I think i finally understand because the key was pointing down and i tried to tighten one bolt all the way (with the key in pointing up and flipped) but it busted halfway throught because i think it hit the top of the crossmember. Making that notch makes sense and will give me the drop i need. a picture would be cool. my truck is sitting on the ground still anyway because of workspace is being moved.
    '84 2wd 2d 2.8 2.5"/3"
    '91 4WD 5 speed V8 4 DOOR *Stripped*

hey im new

hey man wassup im new here at blazin low i have no friends and i wanna know where do i go to get spindles to lower the front of my truck or keys what ever is best and cheaper thankz

Welcome :D If you have a 4x4 you can't get spindles to drop. You need keys or do the trick mentioned above or the bolt through the crossmember trick like superbee did or do the plate welded to the bottom with an adjustment bolt (forgot who has this one, help me out guys). It all depends what you want and how much your willing to do. ie: c-notch, cut and weld, lose the 4x4 capabilities, ect. If your 2wd you can get spindles and drop springs. the rears all the same, if you go low (more than 3-4) you really need to put a notch in and get drop shocks. Just keep readin and searching the site for what your looking for and then if you still have questions ask. Thats what the sites all about! Have fun and enjoy :bigthumb:

Is it easier just to buy the keys and install them?

Banned
    no. If you do like i did, its probably the fastest. Takes like 30 minutes or less. And thats if you have to notch the shield.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

could you do the key flip deal, and then just get new grade8 bolts that are 1/2" longer then the stock bolts to only drop it 4 insted of 5 or 6?

Banned
    the key may be angled up to far, not sure though.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by DrOp It Boi
    hey man wassup im new here at blazin low i have no friends and i wanna know where do i go to get spindles to lower the front of my truck or keys what ever is best and cheaper thankz
    Or make your own drop spindles, sort of. I did it, but haven't gotten any feedback about it.
    Take a look
    Attached Images Attached Images