Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Torsion bar trick how to with pics

Alright

Alright, so when i do the torsion flip trick my front end will be around 6 inchs lower, how do i lower the rear end without having to buy blocks for it, can i flip the leafs to get it down, looking for cheap ways here hehe :D

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by fish99
    Alright, so when i do the torsion flip trick my front end will be around 6 inchs lower, how do i lower the rear end without having to buy blocks for it, can i flip the leafs to get it down, looking for cheap ways here hehe :D
    u either have to buy blocks or drop leafs.. that it.. no other way around it...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

running the T-Bar Trick on the front end, 3" blocks on the back with custom UBolts...its been 2 days so far......any problems I'll post here.
    Last edited by NYCBlzr9; 11-03-2006 at 11:27 AM.
    RUFF RYDERS Car & Truck Division - Brooklyn/Queens NY Chapter
    1996 Chevorlet Blazer Four Door 4x4 - Queens, NYC
    3rd Place -LL Class- "Long Island's Best" Auto Show @ Belmont - November 2006

can the 92 bravada4.3w awd not do the flip and remove the half shafts

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher262 View Post
    Or make your own drop spindles, sort of. I did it, but haven't gotten any feedback about it.
    Take a look
    How do you make your own dropped spindles?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

I just bought belltech keys to drop mine 3" and I'm waiting for a weekend where I'm not busy to do the installation. I read this and I got nervous because of the part where you said you had to notch the frame in order to get the puller in there to release the tension on the adjuster arms. Is it possible to use a different type of puller to do the same job? I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of notching it.
    Nemesis

Talking

I Just Completly Removed My Torsion Bar Screws And It Dropped Signifigantly....ride Quality Suffers Extremly But Its Very Quick N Painless. Its Been Like That 6 Years And Hasnt Hurt It Yet With A V8 Thrashing On It. You Will Need A Front End Alighnment Because It Carbers Really Hard. Other Than That I Can Still Romp It In 4 Wheel Drive. N E Questions Hit Me Up....
    '97 Chevy Blazer 4dr on 22's with more bass than a crack house! :evil:

R.I.P. '92, CONVERTIBLE, 355 SBC SWAPPED, DROPPED, 4X4, S-10 BLAZER:(

WANTED '98 UP S10/BLAZER FRONT END!

Banned
    Lol

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

torsion bar trick

Hey when I flip the torsion bar key I can stop at. 3 half inch it want go start 5 inch to 6 inch from the start will it

Quote Originally Posted by texas blazer View Post
    Hey when I flip the torsion bar key I can stop at. 3 half inch it want go start 5 inch to 6 inch from the start will it
    what did u just say?
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by texas blazer View Post
    try again, but in English this time.

i got the belltech kit but even with the adjuster bolts screwed all the way in it still sits really low so im trying to find the size of the bolts to buy a longer one so i can lift it alittle higher,please help phatfarmer2

for more info on my other problems
    i got my blazer dropped about a month ago and still trying to fix some issues.bouncy vibration till 40ish then louder vibration,not bouncy,humming/grinding type noise at 50+.Had shop put in Belltech keys and drop shocks in front and had 3" straight blocks in back with a 3* shim(shop checked the angle). but changed em to 2" blocks after.the left adjuster bolt is all the way in and a finger gap of thread on the right side,can i put a longer bolt on the left side to lift it a little higher?because even all the way in it sits really low(i have about enough room to put my hand flat on my front tire and the back of my hand touches my fender).
    my next project is to refind the pinion angle because i changed from 3 to a 2" block and see what it is because i cant hit more than 55mph cause the sound is awful and im scared to damage anything.

what is the size of the adjuster bolts?maybe i can get a longer 1 for my drivers side to lift it a lil more.
    shop says maybe i need to cut/shorten my driveshaft.
    btw brand new u joints and an alignment.any input is appreciated

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    what do you consider low?

Quote Originally Posted by kwickez View Post
    i got the belltech kit but even with the adjuster bolts screwed all the way in it still sits really low so im trying to find the size of the bolts to buy a longer one so i can lift it alittle higher,please help phatfarmer2

for more info on my other problems
    i got my blazer dropped about a month ago and still trying to fix some issues.bouncy vibration till 40ish then louder vibration,not bouncy,humming/grinding type noise at 50+.Had shop put in Belltech keys and drop shocks in front and had 3" straight blocks in back with a 3* shim(shop checked the angle). but changed em to 2" blocks after.the left adjuster bolt is all the way in and a finger gap of thread on the right side,can i put a longer bolt on the left side to lift it a little higher?because even all the way in it sits really low(i have about enough room to put my hand flat on my front tire and the back of my hand touches my fender).
    my next project is to refind the pinion angle because i changed from 3 to a 2" block and see what it is because i cant hit more than 55mph cause the sound is awful and im scared to damage anything.

what is the size of the adjuster bolts?maybe i can get a longer 1 for my drivers side to lift it a lil more.
    shop says maybe i need to cut/shorten my driveshaft.
    btw brand new u joints and an alignment.any input is appreciated
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Banned
    he said his hand fits between the tire and fender.

That seems a little lower than it should with the bolts in, so like i said in my pm, did they put the keys indexed in wrong maybe?

PUt the truck on 4 jack stands and run the rear tires and see if your noise/vibration is still there. WHen you do that, put 2 of the jack stands on the rear axle so that it sits how it would on the road, that will tell you if its your drivshaft, or if you have a bad wheel bearing or tire ect.

Btw what size tire you have because that will tell us more how low your truck is sitting.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4