Thread: Blazer ready to be dropped!

Talking Blazer ready to be dropped!

Hey guys,

I am new to the board but not new to lowerd trucks. I had a '83 S-10 Xtra-cab lowered way back in the days. Now I am all grown up and ready to takle my next big project, a '97 Blazer LT. I have a few questions. I have noticed that most people seem to like the Bell Tech products. I too like them and want to know if going with a 2" drop spindle and 2" spring up front and 3" leafs and a 2" blocks in the rear will get 17" wheels in the wheel wells? This is going to be my daily driver so I still want a little bit of a ride left. :) I just don't want a lot of space between the top of the tire and the lip of the fender well. Also will I need to notch the rear frame?

Thanks in advance

John

Seriously guys. I need an answer from someone who owns and drives a blazer. When I dropped my S-10, I dearched the leaf springs and put a 2 inch block in the rear and the ride was not too bad. I need to know if on a blazer a notch is needed with a 5 inch drop?

Thanks,
    John

Sorry guys! I just the read the post below talking about the same thing. Looks like a 5 inch drop will work fine without a notch.

John