Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how much can 4.3 push?

I think the guys from Mach performance would probably be good to talk to. They've got a lot of 4.3 performance stuff. Not to mention, your gonna need a chip or the computer reflashed to go along with any head work or cam swap.

Im sure they could give you some realistic hp numbers with various products.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

yea i know they dont give you hp... but some companies like jet performance claim that their shit frees up to 12 hp with pulleys and about 20-30 with fan...

where is mach performance or whats their web addy? thanx

machperformance.com
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Ricer Killer
    felt the need to chime in since i have a 95 as well. first off, cpi is the only yr rated at 195-200 hp. second of all, my flowmaster exhaust, intake, e-fan, and semi-built tranny only makes my truck faster than a bone stock s10 xtreme ext cab 4.3 auto. so, needless to say, i would venture to say with the mods i listed right now, probably 210 if im lucky. i havent put pulleys, headers, etc yet, cause i plan on selling the truck this year. dont get me wrong, 4.3 cpi is a great motor, but is very limited in aftermarket. other than a fipk system and exhaust work and pullies, there is nothing else aftermarket. gotta do it yourself and go custom. there is some guy on this site that supercharged his cpi, and that was 100% custom. and there is some other guy that has a twin turbo 4.3 cpi, but he changed out the spider injector to multi port or something. and as for machperformance, he specializes mostly in 96' and newer 4.3. i've written several emails to them about a turbo setup or supercharger setup for my truck, and i was qouted somewhere close or above the 10k mark. im not trying to scare u away from the 4.3 cpi modifying, but im just giving you a heads up on it.
    01' Corvette Z06 Millenium Yellow
    Full length headers, Magnaflow exhaust w/ cat delete, breathless performance intake, predator diablo sport tune. It moves decent...

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    How to build a 4.3:

(my friend is halfway done building one for a regal)

go to swap meet, find some guy and be like, "oh you threw a rod, want to sell me the other 7?"
    repeat for as much as you can

get a used carb, and as much SBC stuff as a 4.3 needs

buy headers, manifold, other 4.3 specific stuff

bang

fast 4.3