Thread: Should I swap or rebuild

Should I swap or rebuild

Hey this is my first time posting.:)
    I was wondering if i should simply swap out my 4.3 v6 out of a 89 chevy blazer for a 350ci and sup that up, or shouldi rebulid my 4.3 with all performance mods such as supercharger and crap like that. I know what most people while say is get rid of the 4.3 and drop in a 350ci but i'm worried about the cooling problems and such. There is also one other disadvatange, i live in calgary alb, and shit up here costs a little more then down in the states.
    now i was also reading an article and there was a guy who made 460ish horsepower out of a 4.3 V6 no nitrous either just blower, cam, crankshaft and heads. If i could just get some suggestions it would be great.

P.S( i also work at Blaskin and lane and i have a mechanic that can help me with alot of the stuff i need.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    well you should think of what you would really want for this one.

Keep these thoughts in mind. sure a V-8 cost more money in canada than here in the states, but wont the prices be higher for V-6 parts in Canada than the U.S. because here in the states I think it is alot cheaper and a lot less work to put a V-8 in. Also for the cooling if you want to build a 4.3 that has around 400 horsies I think the stock radiator and Fan will not be enough sence it made for a 4.3 with only 190 horse or so. But I'm not a pro on building a S10 w/ a high horsepower 4.3 or 2.8.

I had a 2.8 in my blazer and I my self am droping (not a 350 like most) but a 327ci bored 30 over. thats to get me buy till after winter while I build my 355 w/ 350 horse. my funds are cut short and I will not be able to get the 350 done befor winter and I don't like walking to work while its 60 out, let alone 30 or less(yes it gets that cold in Oklahoma, the bitch is the added humidity that makes you feel the cold 2x as much). The 327 is from my dads 55 nomad and he is being nice enough to let me use it till I get my moter back... I don't know maybe I talkhim into letting me keep and be one of the few s10 with a built 327.

sorry for being wordy, but you try to sum that up into a few lines and make sence out of it:cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Slow Ride

No replacement for displacement!!!!

Put in the V-8.

Horsepower sells cars - Torque wins races!!!

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar

i'd go with the 4.3 with a charger on it rather then swappin it out for a 350. i personally think that the 4.3 would be more relieable then a 350 and would have better resale, cause most people wont touch a vechical after a major motor swap like that. go with the 4.3 bro!

Fresh paint, smooth body SmallBlocBlazer's Avatar
    Go with the V-8, with no less than 350 cu. in. The bigger the better. And I favor the fuel injected route over carburated...but then, the bills do add up in a hurry with EFI...

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    CnL84- not saying you can't voice your opinion, but as for selling cars that have a major motor swap... people that don't know anything about cars wont buy it, you know the type, the ones that don't even know how to change the oil in there own car. People that know what to do with it will buy it.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11