Thread: Rad support help?

Rad support help?

I am getting ready to remove my motor and tranny. I have taken off the fenders and inner fenders. The only thing left is the body mounts holding the rad support. For the love of god, i cant get them loose? I rounded off one of the nuts already and was wondering what is the propper way to do this. If i have to, i am prepared to cut the damn things off. Any help is good help.

if you messed up the head on the bolt. i would just cut them off and get new ones from the dealer
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

This might sound stupid, but any suggestions on how to cut them off? I was looking at them and realized I need a new core support. I might just take a Sawzall and cut the support itself, then grind the bolts off. but I am open to any other ideas.

i would try to cut the bolts off from the underside. if you have no other choice then cut it up. as long as you have a new one to put on
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

is there a way i could possibly melt/burn out the rubber body mount? this would alow me to get to the bolt and cut it off?

do you have torches? if not try to cut the rubber mount out with a knife or something

i was thinking along the lines of a propane tourch and vaious cutting tools

Just use the torch and cut them off.