Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belltech Key Install + Torsion Bar Trick?

Belltech Key Install + Torsion Bar Trick?

Hello
    This is my first post but I have searched through these forums many many times to get different ideas for my blazer. So, I was wondering, if I was to install the belltech keys upside down would that lower my blazer another 4" with a total of 8"? I am planning to lower my 1989 S10 Blazer 4x4 soon so if nobody has the answer I will try it to see if it works and post my results but I would rather know if it works or not before I try it. Thanks.
    Originally posted by loudblzr
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

Re: Belltech Key Install + Torsion Bar Trick?

Originally posted by midwestblazer!
    Hello
    This is my first post but I have searched through these forums many many times to get different ideas for my blazer. So, I was wondering, if I was to install the belltech keys upside down would that lower my blazer another 4" with a total of 8"? I am planning to lower my 1989 S10 Blazer 4x4 soon so if nobody has the answer I will try it to see if it works and post my results but I would rather know if it works or not before I try it. Thanks.
    thats retarded you moron. if you would think about it the belltech keys are made to drop the correct way, not to be reversed. so technically if you did that you would only be cancelling out what drop it would give you and leave your confused ass sittin at stock height.
    My trucks have a few mods

Well, I didn't know. I have never even see the belltech keys before. Like I said before I am a new member here so I am still learning. You don't have to jump all over my ass about it. It makes your whole site look bad when you put people down for asking a simple question.
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

Well, I didn't know. I have never even see the belltech keys before. Like I said before I am a new member here so I am still learning. You don't have to jump all over my ass about it. It makes your whole site look bad when you put people down for asking a simple question.
    ok, i'll be nice, your idea will not work because you will basically cancel yourself out.
    Last edited by LaynLo17; 04-12-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Thank You. Thats all I wanted to know.

Thank You. Thats all I wanted to know.
    IMO get a 2wd if you want to attempt an 8" drop, i dunnop if thats even possible, if you got the belltech keys pulled the adjuster bolts all the way out and ran a 23" tire you would be hella low

heres my blazer with a 29" tire, now imagine it 3 inches lower with a 23" tire, which is a 225/50/15.

Now I know that you used the belltech keys on your drop from reading around in other posts. You have a 4/3 drop correct? I want to go as low as possible without using bags on 18x8 rims. Is the 4" drop in the front about as low as I can go without rubbing?

Now I know that you used the belltech keys on your drop from reading around in other posts. You have a 4/3 drop correct? I want to go as low as possible without using bags on 18x8 rims. Is the 4" drop in the front about as low as I can go without rubbing?
    i have a 4/3, the tire in front is a 29" tire and i only rub some. i actually don't notice it at all but it shows inside my fender flares.

now the rear i'm goin to ryn a 255/55/18 tire and if i have enough room i'm goin to lower it another 1-2 inches.

you don't necessarily want "as low as you can go" you want as low as you can handle. i've had my truck lowered for years and i know what i can handle and what i can't. if you can't look at a huge speed bump and go, i'm goin to get stuck, then you don't need to be that low.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    I lowered my '89 GMC Jimmy 4.3 4X4 2 door about 7 1/2" inches up front by drilling through the factory keys right where the adjuster bolt rests in them. They where way too rust welded in place to knock loose. I hung the keys under the blocks by the bolts. This gave me the drop and still adjustable. Only problem was 15 degrees of negative camber! Fixed that with longer upper control arms from a full size truck. But that put a dramatic angle on the upper ball jopint so I had to flip them over and use the driverside upper A arm on the passengerside up-side-down and vise-versa. So finally alligned I go to fit my 18's and there digging into the fender so I raised the arch all the way up to the body line front and back. Never had a binding problem cuz I only went as far as a lift kit would go on the drive shaft angle, 33 degrees, but up not down. I got shocks for a VW Rabbit truck rear end from Advanced for $10.00 each. 7" compressed and 11" fully extended.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Do you have any pictures of how it looks? How is the ride now, is it real bouncy?

yes it will.

first off dont explain something to someone unless you try it first. yes if you use the key and flip it over doing the torsion bar trick it will lower even more. I did it to my 89 and it gave me around 9 inches in the front. The key is designed to lower the bar but when you flip it, because it is the same cut shape as factory it will be even lower. Guys Im not hating but this does work. My shit is low as hell and proud of it, try it and youll see. Be carefull though I had to take out my fenderwell so I could set so low. let me know if you need anything k.:nono:

Re: yes it will.

Originally posted by npcdusty
    first off dont explain something to someone unless you try it first. yes if you use the key and flip it over doing the torsion bar trick it will lower even more. I did it to my 89 and it gave me around 9 inches in the front. The key is designed to lower the bar but when you flip it, because it is the same cut shape as factory it will be even lower. Guys Im not hating but this does work. My shit is low as hell and proud of it, try it and youll see. Be carefull though I had to take out my fenderwell so I could set so low. let me know if you need anything k.:nono:
    :bs: i bet youve never even seen a key before. its is not [possible to flip a DROP key and get more drop, the only way you could do that is if you had like a lift key.

like i said it can and has been done!

look dude like I told you I did do it if you could read you would understand that. I work in a fabrication shop so yes i have seen a key. I also ordered the keys from bell tech. the keys are the same shape and cut as the factory, yet they have a lower pinion angle where the screw meets the key. When you flip it the lip of the keys sets higher, therefore gving your torsion bar more rise at the key end and a lower stance at the control arm. think about it smoke, if it is the same damn thing then it will do the same damn thing! I do this for a living so dont tell me im wrong when it has already been done.

Bellteck keys and tire change gave me about a 7" drop. I hit my crossover if I'm not carefull.
    Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images