Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belltech Key Install + Torsion Bar Trick?

And

So, flipping the lowering beltech keys will lower it more, correct?
    Originally posted by loudblzr
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

More It shouldn't. The key is the same as the stock. The differance is where the trosion bar slides into the key it is clocked at a different position so if you flip is it might raise your truck instead.
    brett

yes

ok i will say it one more time I fliped mine and it lowered it even more. There I said it. Argue with it if you want to I dont care. The thing is it worked for me. I got 9 inches out of mine because I fliped a 3 inch lower key. If you dont like that sorry but yes it did work i did it.:D

Stop being an ass npcdusty! I'm glad that you have done that. I have installed CORRECTLY as belltech said to do and still had to turn up the keys so I wasn't grading the road. Give your input and show how you did it and be helpful with it. Alot of people are on this site to give support with the things they have done, not to try to put someone down. Good that you work in a fab shop. It give you alittle more insite than some people, But you don't have to come down on someone that is also trying to help. Also, I'm not argueing with you about it. You are the only one that is argueing.
    Brett

Originally posted by Brettboom
    Stop being an ass npcdusty! I'm glad that you have done that. I have installed CORRECTLY as belltech said to do and still had to turn up the keys so I wasn't grading the road. Give your input and show how you did it and be helpful with it. Alot of people are on this site to give support with the things they have done, not to try to put someone down. Good that you work in a fab shop. It give you alittle more insite than some people, But you don't have to come down on someone that is also trying to help. Also, I'm not argueing with you about it. You are the only one that is argueing.
    Brett
    :bigthumb:

do you have any problems with binding in the fornt axles? i haven't used my 4x4 since i put nthe keys in.
    My trucks have a few mods

No. My is the Bravada and it is a all wheel drive so there is a difference of gear ratio to the front drive axles.
    Brett

Brett

hey dude that was not to you or the guy asking about the keys. Yes there was somebody arguing with me about the process. The guy with the pic of the red blazer. He told me i have no idea what I am talking about. I f I can help I will, thats how you learn. Nothing was twords you, props to u and your truck, but the other guy that told me I was wrong when ive seen it first hand should be put in check. Thats all man. I am just trying to give the guy needing alittle help and get him down as low as he can. Hope he gets what he wants. Sorry if you thought i was talking to you.:D

Cool. No Problem. Thanks.
    Brett

Re: Brett

Originally posted by npcdusty
    hey dude that was not to you or the guy asking about the keys. Yes there was somebody arguing with me about the process. The guy with the pic of the red blazer. He told me i have no idea what I am talking about. I f I can help I will, thats how you learn. Nothing was twords you, props to u and your truck, but the other guy that told me I was wrong when ive seen it first hand should be put in check. Thats all man. I am just trying to give the guy needing alittle help and get him down as low as he can. Hope he gets what he wants. Sorry if you thought i was talking to you.:D
    its not a blazer :D
    My trucks have a few mods

oh! My bad.

well at least you know who u are! It would look better as a blazer though.:rolleyes:

HUH? :huh:

its not a blazer

1990 4x4 2 door blazer.
    lowered 4/3, soon lower
    99 C5 vette wheels 17/18

Well, I'm not sure what to think anymore. Oh well. F#@k it. I just ordered my belltech keys yesterday and as soon as they are here I will install them the right way and then I will take them back out and flip them to see what happens. I started this post so I will test it out, take pictures, and post them to show everybody if it works or not. However, I do agree with npcdusty and I think that it will lower my blazer even more. They should be here in about a week and the next day I get off from work I will do it then. Hey, npcdusty, don't feel so bad about what laynlow17 said. Just look at the beginning of the post and what he said to me for asking a question. It looks like he can be a jack off sometimes.
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    imo i wouldnt flip the belltech torsion keys unless you are going to rip out the 4x4 axle shit... plan on a very shitty ride and lots of negative camber. thats if it does lower it more by flipping the belltech keys, cant say i know if it does.

take what i have done into consideration:

well anyways i took the stock keys and did the torsion bar trick and it slammed it. it dropped 6+ inches.. the front axles hit on the a arms, the tires hit the wheel wells, it bounced like a mofo, the ride was horrible, the camber was way to extreme for it to get aligned. anyways after i did this and drove around for about 10 minutes, i decided that the belltech keys are the way to go.

i would only say lower your 4x4 more than 5+ inches if your ride isnt going to be a daily driver.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Right now I have the blazer sitting in my garage and I should have it all done by the end of summer. After that it will basically be a daily driver until I get my other blazer done and the one I am working on now I will be taking to shows. So, it will be a daily driver for a couple of months but after that I am not really sure. When I first posted this I did not know if flipping the belltech keys would work or not and I was not sure if I would do that or not I just knew that using the belltech keys were the way to go. I was just curious. But now I want to do it just to see if it works or not. So, we will see what happens. When you flipped your keys did you use drop shocks? Do you think that could have made a difference?