Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belltech Key Install + Torsion Bar Trick?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    nah no dropped shocks, they were compressed to hell.... im sure they would have helped, but yea doing the tbar trick put a lot of stress on everything.

anyways..... heres a pic of what it was like with the tbar trick
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

here was the camber
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

here it is belltech key style!
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

i'm still goin to laugh my ass off when you try and flip the drop keys and it doesn't do anything except waste your time. i really don't care if anyone believes me or my reasoning behind what i say because you weren't goin to listen to me in the first place, you were just lookin for someone to tell you what you wanted to hear.
    My trucks have a few mods

No, I was looking for an answer and thought I had found it until npcdusty said that he has done and it works. Now, I don't know what to think so why not try it and see what happens to prevent somebody else from wasting their time when they want to try it.
    Originally posted by loudblzr
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

Just use the belltech keys the right way and you will be happy. With any drop does not matter if its a two wheel or four wheel drive you need to change the factory shocks, alingment, and tire size or you will have all the problems that phatfarmer2 is having.
    Brett

Originally posted by Brettboom
    Just use the belltech keys the right way and you will be happy. With any drop does not matter if its a two wheel or four wheel drive you need to change the factory shocks, alingment, and tire size or you will have all the problems that phatfarmer2 is having.
    Brett
    had

those pics are WITH flipped keys. he put the bellteck keys in and even got an alighnment.
    My trucks have a few mods

Don't worry I plan on doing all of that stuff as well. I have a set of belltech drop shocks coming with the keys and eventually I plan to put new wheels on the blazer so I will be changing the tire size as well. Then once I get it on the road I will get an alignment for sure. I just hope that the drop shocks will soften the ride a bit. You know.
    Does this mean that before I create ANY post that I MUST use the search button all the time??? C'mon, that's lame

Originally posted by LaynLo17
    had

those pics are WITH flipped keys. he put the bellteck keys in and even got an alighnment.

correct.... HAD! i now HAVE the belltech kit

and gettting an alignment and drop shock will not correct the problem of the half shafts from rubbin on the a arms.
    im just telling you from my experience. (doing the torsion bar trick)

BTW you really dont need drop shocks with the belltech kit, i have the stock shocks and the ride is still very smooth.

feel free to try anything, like flipping the keys, if you do i wanna see a pic of it!
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

me 2

Still waiting on the belltech keys. I ordered them from streetbeatcustoms.com 2 weeks ago today. I just called and the guy said they were on backorder so I will probably receive them in about a week. Still planning on doing the install both ways and post pics when I am done.

Good luck, I have been waiting over a month. I must have called about 4 times, they still didn't get any in yet.

Received the belltech keys monday but streetbeatcustoms sent me the wrong drop shocks. They sent me drop shocks for a 2wd not a 4x4. Anyways, I am a little busy with work right now but as soon as I get a chance I will be attempting the belltech key install both ways so we will see what happens. I will definetly post pics as well.

Originally posted by MoTo_IsLo
    Good luck, I have been waiting over a month. I must have called about 4 times, they still didn't get any in yet.

order them from stylin concepts.com they will ship them to you in 1-2 days.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by midwestblazer!
    Do you have any pictures of how it looks? How is the ride now, is it real bouncy?
    Sorry, no pics, it's been gone for a few years now. As for bouncy, I still had the torsion bars holding up the majority of the weight, but my 350 sank the front too much and the axles started binding up so I lift it back up with those cheap ass coil overs from Advanced around my VW shocks. I actually had more suspension travel lowered than it ever did at stock height. Body roll durring hard cornering was way better to. I didn't get into lowering 4X4's cuz I cared about how they looked. I did it because I like to drive fast on wet winding roads but I don't want an EVO or a Subaru to do it in. Besides, 4X4's are better than AWD cuz you can turn it off and do burnouts!!!
    "All I need iz 1 mic"