Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 1 More step Closer to Gettin the Blazer Bagged

  1. #1
    Senior Member smullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ST. Louis, ""THA LOU""
    Posts
    2,359

    1 More step Closer to Gettin the Blazer Bagged

    I'm a bit closer to getting the Blazer Bagged

    Tonight, I ordered:

    Air Ride Upper/Lower Control Arms with bags, cups, mounts, shocks, etc

    All the fittings for my Valves and stuff

    and a 50' Roll of Airline...

    Just a few more parts...

    I'm gonna mount and wire the 2 450Cs, 12 Gal tank, and valves, a local shop is gona do all the under body suspension stuff

    A friend of mine is supposed to be buying some stereo stuff from me soon and that will help cover the labor...

    I just need to find a 4 link (looking at a universal AirRide and a few others) and a swell place to mount the Dakota Digital guages...

    It'll only be like 63 more years before it gets done.... :mad:
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

  2. #2
    Positively Negative
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    1,012
    if you go with the airride 4 link ... please let me know how it turns out ... i've been staring at them in the catalog for 2 months

  3. #3
    Me and My X kanderson63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    393
    AREA 51 customs installed the Air Ride Technologies Tri 4 link on my 2nd gen blazer. Click the S10 forum link down below for pics (2nd page). The owner of the shop is Jason, check out his web page (click link below) and give him a call...great guy and I am sure he can help ya out with any info or questions.

  4. #4
    Senior Member smullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ST. Louis, ""THA LOU""
    Posts
    2,359
    Originally posted by kanderson63
    AREA 51 customs installed the Air Ride Technologies Tri 4 link on my 2nd gen blazer. Click the S10 forum link down below for pics (2nd page). The owner of the shop is Jason, check out his web page (click link below) and give him a call...great guy and I am sure he can help ya out with any info or questions.
    Looks sweet... Actually, Whole truck looks sweet....

    I gotta ton of questions...

    Are those 18s are 20"s??? Its hard to tell in the pics...

    What bags and brackets did you use? I know the Air ride universal 4 link doesn't come with them. How do they mount (Behind axle, above, in front)

    I notice in the back, it doesn't (atleast not in the pics) completly lay on your ground effects...

    Is that as far down as it goes or did you just not want to sit on the effects?

    If thats as far as it goes, what is the limiting factor?



    Would it be the notch,
    Wheel wells need cut out, (was anything cut)
    pumpkin hits floorboard,
    design limitation of the 4 link

    Looking back anything you woulda done different?

    Sorry I asked so much, I just want to do this all right the 1st time...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

  5. #5
    too much fun [meph]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    771
    from the looks of the pics, he kept his rear seats, which means he prolly doesn't have a notch or anything tubbed out, which therefore makes it really hard to lay out.
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you



  6. #6
    Me and My X kanderson63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    393
    Originally posted by smullen
    Looks sweet... Actually, Whole truck looks sweet....

    I gotta ton of questions...

    Are those 18s are 20"s??? Its hard to tell in the pics...

    What bags and brackets did you use? I know the Air ride universal 4 link doesn't come with them. How do they mount (Behind axle, above, in front)

    I notice in the back, it doesn't (atleast not in the pics) completly lay on your ground effects...

    Is that as far down as it goes or did you just not want to sit on the effects?

    If thats as far as it goes, what is the limiting factor?



    Would it be the notch,
    Wheel wells need cut out, (was anything cut)
    pumpkin hits floorboard,
    design limitation of the 4 link

    Looking back anything you woulda done different?

    Sorry I asked so much, I just want to do this all right the 1st time...
    No problem with all the questions... the rims are 19" INTRO Cruisers with 245/40/19's on them. There is a 2.5 notch out back, but as Meph said, I still have my rear seats and nothing else has been modified, so right now, I am limited because the pumpkin is hitting the rear floor board and is preventing me from going any lower. Using F9000's and the shop fabbed there own brackets. Let me know if you have any more questions...

  7. #7
    Senior Member smullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ST. Louis, ""THA LOU""
    Posts
    2,359
    Originally posted by kanderson63
    No problem with all the questions... the rims are 19" INTRO Cruisers with 245/40/19's on them. There is a 2.5 notch out back, but as Meph said, I still have my rear seats and nothing else has been modified, so right now, I am limited because the pumpkin is hitting the rear floor board and is preventing me from going any lower. Using F9000's and the shop fabbed there own brackets. Let me know if you have any more questions...
    Yea, I had kinda suspected that the pumpkin was hitting...

    I am willing to loose the back seat and cut the floor out , depening on how much space overall I'd loose...

    I'm goona lose the rear seat to a build a wall anyway...

    It might actually make it easier to build a box too; If the Floor pan was more box shaped vs all the curves and bumps...

    Do you or anyone reading this know the Min and Max height of those Firestone Sleeve bags you have?
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

  8. #8
    Me and My X kanderson63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    393
    Originally posted by smullen
    Yea, I had kinda suspected that the pumpkin was hitting...

    I am willing to loose the back seat and cut the floor out , depening on how much space overall I'd loose...

    I'm goona lose the rear seat to a build a wall anyway...

    It might actually make it easier to build a box too; If the Floor pan was more box shaped vs all the curves and bumps...

    Do you or anyone reading this know the Min and Max height of those Firestone Sleeve bags you have?
    Check out this page from ART

    http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/dimensions.asp

  9. #9
    Blazin no More Blazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    FSU...Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    2,464
    I was checking out streetsourcemag.com the other day. Check these out....

    http://www.streetsourcemag.com/class...em.asp?ID=2784

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •