Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 350's

Thumbs up 350's

Where do you guys get these sb's from???
    What vehicles are you taking them out of???
    I just want some information on them so that i can research whether to do a swap with my 2.8 , cuz that thing is so slow..... except when im doing 100 (kilometres) then it just purrs.
    Fuck that east coast b-boy hip-hop that gay shit - Mac Dre & Baby Beesh
    ~Blazed~Out~

There are quite a few engine shops around.. I have a guy here, you give him a bare 350 block, and he will build you a 383 stroker with 350+ hp for around 2 grand american. It might be a bit much. But I know him and he knows what hes doing.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

my first 350 was out of a 1974 chevy full size, the motor i have in there now is out of an 87 3500 series truck, 1 piece rear main seal, 4 bolt main, roller setup.
    this is a test of the sig

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Look at bone yards, call them up b/c they then to go fast because everyone and there dog goes for the as soon as there one for sale, at least down here in Oklahoma. Try to find one out of a older full size vans, Full size Trucks, and 80's camaros. With those choices in mind your most likly to end up with the same kind a small block that blazinlow has. 1 piece rear main seal, 4 bolt main, and other good stuff. All 350's (or small blocks for that) are not the same. some are two bolts, some are 4 bolt mains and so on. Hope that helps ya out.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Well that does help. I was talkin to this guy who did a camaro engine in a s-10, and said it goes up against chevelles. He said i could put one in mine even though its a 4x4... im not sure about that.. Is it possible to put a camaro engine in a 4x4?

Anyways all i want is a mustang killer, becuase all those guys think their the !@#@!!!!! And its time they learned a lesson!!!

I will be checkin the bone yards for sure.
    ~Blazed~Out~

YES! another STANG eater

YES, you can drop it in a 4x4 and still use the 4x4 option on your truck, BUT you will not be able to use the stock oil pan. Not sure were you can get one, Ive even heard of how to make one... If no one post after this for a few days I'll look it up but I can't find my book on it.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

SWEET!!! That is good news. V8 4x4 blazer.... that would be cool.
    Now all i ahve to do is find a donor.
    ~Blazed~Out~

Slow Ride

crate motor

nuf said

If you really want to do the swap go to www.jagsthatrun.com they sell a manuel that tells you all you have to do and have to do this swap I am getting ready to do my own a 1989 4x4 S-10 and this is the best info I have found so far
    Randys10

Crate motor? I dont know that? explain......

Just a question - could you put a 80's corvette engine in a blazer (4x4)???? IM just assuming you can because Blue said it dont matter for sb's.
    ~Blazed~Out~

Creative Genius
    You can buy all the mauals you want but they will all say the exact same thing Blazin Low has on his V-8 conversion page. I spent $10 for a book that was basically his page, printed. All the books will tell you is what other vehicles you can "borrow" conversion parts from, and if you want that info, I will be MORE than happy to give it to you for $0.00

LATE!

Crate Motor=brand new built motor.
    Find them in summit,jegs,online
    all over the place..

and yes you can put a 80's corvette motor in a blazer.

All it is a 350 small block.

To tell you the truth, I am pertty damn sure if you have enough money you can put anything in a blazer. There are quite a few BB blazers out there. So You can make almost anything fit

have money problems?

well create motor are fine and all if you want to spend a few grand on one and just drop it in, thats a good choice if you don't have the time or Know-how to build your own engine. The draw back is it cost alot more.

If you have plenty of time or you don't have alot of money, you can build a 350 or any Sb for alot less them a create motor. I've built a simple, almost stock motor for around 500 American bucks. It's all about waiting for the deals on parts and bing patiant.

As for the book, I agree. IT's not 100% nessisary to have it when you can look the info up for free on the net. Don't get me wrong it's an alright book, but I don't like how they want to make stock style V8 s-10s. They urge you not to lower it or lift it. there whole preface is on people wrecking them and saying there not practical. I think its not the practical point of veiw that wrecked the trucks, It was stupid people that were driving them.

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Have you guys heard about Chrysler's new crate V8? They brought back the Hemi! That's what I want in my blaze. I'm short about $13,000.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

And it passes smog tests?