Thread: Factory Labels...

Question Factory Labels...

Hey i've searched this forum and found one result on taking off the Factory labels. I've heard just peeling it off with fingers work's, but hurts like hell. And i also read you can use Floss. Anyone have any other suggestions?? Thank you...

hey man, glad to see you made it over from the GTP Forums.

If your talking about removing all of the trim, its held on with glue. I removed all of my trim with a hair dryer, 2 rags, and a bottle of "Goof-Off' adhesive remover. Its a bitch to get the glue off, but once you get it off its well worth it. Heres a before and after pic of my blazer. :D (I also changed rims)

I just heated up the strips with the hair dryer and then pulled and they all just peeled off. It left this grey adhesive foam stuff and then after i removed the foam there was a strip of white glue. Just take a rag and your index finger and dip it in goof off and attempt to roll up the foam padding and every once in a while rip it off...then you can get some 3M Adhesive rubbing compound to remove the glue that is left afterwards. Good luck man. :bigthumb:

Thanks man. Glad to be over here. Better than the asses at GT. So a hair dryer eh? Thanks dude. I'll try it tomorrow...

try some fishing line....some 10 or 12lb mono, that cuts through the adhesive real well. then some adhesive remover for the residue.
    My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes!

am i one of the only people that like the trim on the blazer??

Originally posted by bobm2112
    am i one of the only people that like the trim on the blazer??
    No...my grandpa liked it. :D :p:

I used to like it...But then i started looking at it and I decided it looks alot btter without the trim.

Originally posted by CBZED101
    No...my grandpa liked it. :D :p:
    hahahaha....It just looks smooth without all the labels on there. Just opinions tho. I guess if the emblem wasn't gold it could look better....but why not just peel it off?

eraser

hey dude, if you have one or can get one, use a 3m eraser weel. You can just take the molding off by hand with a bit of force then use a drill with the weel and it comes right off takes about 30 min. saves time and fingers. Thats how bodyshops do it, so i did mine that way, just use wax after your done to buff out any left over. You should be able to get a weel from any autozone store or body shop store for not much.

Thanks a lot npcdusty, My dad's brining one home from his dealership. He works at Classic Chevy. So i get to do it this weekend. Thanks tho....:bigthumb:
    02' S-10 Blazer (Dropped 4/5)

http://www.drasticmeasuresclub.com