Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Heres me WELDING my body line shut

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    old guy= been doing it for years and has probably been around long enuff to see bondo cracks after more than a couple of years that come back
    young guy= hasnt been around to see his work crack yet
    word :bigthumb:
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

what if they are drinking Natural Light ?
    :rofl:

some people will never give up.
    They just keep hitting their heads against the wall over and over
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

x_concepts's quote
    Why is it then that a young guy makes alot of money doing custom work while the old guy can barely make payments for the shop that looks like its older than him... fixing scratches on old ladys' minivans...???

Older not always smarter... Even though most of the time it is...

Not to kick this any harder but......
    The young guy is making the money they are making b/c they are working for the older guy...who pays the bills on that shop...and pays that young guy;who also learns from an old guy. yes they get there own shop; but guess what they become, in time, that old guy.

(I say this knowing this well not fit everbody)
    :p:
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

some people will never give up.
    They just keep hitting their heads against the wall over and over
    And some people will never learn that there is more than one way to do things. Its 2004 for crying out loud!

Originally posted by 03Blazin_Burn
    The young guy is making the money they are making b/c they are working for the older guy...who pays the bills on that shop...and pays that young guy;who also learns from an old guy. yes they get there own shop; but guess what they become, in time, that old guy.
    In case you missed it because of not reading the entire thread, I was talking about two different shops... And how the hell do you figure out that a worker would make more money than the owner? Where have you ever seen that?
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by x_concepts

And how the hell do you figure out that a worker would make more money than the owner? Where have you ever seen that?
    ever hear of pizza delivery?
    commision sales people do that also alot of times
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Just so we can figure all this shit out, i think i will weld up one body line on my future blazer and duraglass the other. then see if the welded one warps (which it wont) and see how many years this duraglass shit will last. Then after the duraglass starts to crack and fall off in a few years ill weld it up too How does that sound? then we will really know which one is better :bigthumb:
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

ever hear of pizza delivery?
    commision sales people do that also alot of times

That comment is not accurate. Who do you think gets the larger % of that commision combined with multiple employees?

Pizza delivery persons do not make more money than the owner, the driver may get a $1, or so, per sale, and I am assured the owner is making triple that on orders that are minimal say $8 or so, after the driver gets his dollar. Again combine that with multiple drivers and who you think is gonna make more? Thats why businesses keep track of the $ per man hour, they know where it has to be, when it drops, they adjust the employees hours to ensure it stays up.

I forgot to ask earlier, did you use any specific brand of flux wire? Thanks

Well just to give you guys even more proof... This is the truck that pa gs john was talkin about a while back in the thread that was done with duraglass and then he slammed into the back of a cavi. Hmmm its funny because i dont see and cracks along the bodyline. And past where the fender is crushed theres no cracks whatsoever and he has the fuckin rear of a cavilier stuck in the front of his truck. I think if the duraglass can hold up to this kind of beating it will hold up to anything.

And take a look at the hood. Count the cracks. Uhhh ZERO.

Would you guys just fucking drop it?

Dropped!
    this is a test of the sig