Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heres me WELDING my body line shut

Above the body line and below the body line towards the middle of the door

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lucky Dime
    For no reason should you use just bondo to shave the body line. It will definetly crack over time I guarentee it. You should use dura glass, kitty hair, dyno glass whatever you wanna call it to shave the body line as groundscr8pr said. Dura glass will hold its much stronger than bondo and if prepped right it will work and look much better than welding rods to the side of your truck. Its not about getting lucky with it. If you know what your doing and you prep it correctly it will work. I work at a body shop so i deal with these products everyday. I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesnt. Not to pass judgement or anything but i mean look at groundscr8pr's truck and look at phatfarmer's truck. Need I say more? Im not tryin to hate just pointing out.
    BTW, groundscr8pr ive seen your truck in person. Badass truck I must say.
    so what are you trying to say about my truck?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

hey phat farmer whered you ge tthat rollpan...an how much??

lucky dime, I dont know if his is warped or not.. you cant really tell from pics, but it is possible to weld in those rods without warping the door.. if you take your time and let it cool properly before you tack again... its not gonna warp it. ya, its gonna take a while, but would you whether haul ass and have a warped door or take your time and have a kickass door? Im gonna weld in somethin in mine.. Im not gonna have mine crack on me, and it will be prone to, especially with the system going back in my truck... before, my doors, roof, etc all flexed... what's going back in will be 2x louder... imagine that and a filled up bodyline with filler :p
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

well im not touching mine. i like it
    1989 merkur XR4Ti
    1987 merkur XR4Ti

megasquirt 2 extra EFI

Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    so what are you trying to say about my truck?
    Exactly why i said i wasnt trying to hate. But I was saying compared to groundscr8pr's truck, no offense but your truck aint shit... and ill be the first to tell you, neither is mine. I also have a lowered 4WD so obviously im not talkin shit but a lowered 4WD with a body kit vs. his truck :rolleyes: You get the point.

Originally posted by cab
    lucky dime, I dont know if his is warped or not.. you cant really tell from pics, but it is possible to weld in those rods without warping the door.. if you take your time and let it cool properly before you tack again... its not gonna warp it. ya, its gonna take a while, but would you whether haul ass and have a warped door or take your time and have a kickass door? Im gonna weld in somethin in mine.. Im not gonna have mine crack on me, and it will be prone to, especially with the system going back in my truck... before, my doors, roof, etc all flexed... what's going back in will be 2x louder... imagine that and a filled up bodyline with filler :p
    I know it is very possible to weld the line shut without warping it, never said it wasnt. Your right you just have to take your time. If you use dura glass and you prep it right and use it correctly, I guarentee it will not crack or fall out or deform in anyway. In fact, if it does you can send me your doors, fenders, and tailgate and I will redo them for free. Or I will personally come to your house and redo your whole truck for you. Like I said I work with the stuff everyday and ive seen it work in spots as deep as the bodyline, maybe even deeper. Plus its waterproof unlike bondo. Thats when bodylines crack, is when too much bondo is used. Even if you weld it shut you will still need to use body filler, no question about it. So you are kinda saying that your line will crack anyway because you will be using filler and if your sayin you think it will crack due to your body panels flexin thennn:confused: You get my point. Any further questions just ask. It works.

The door is noticeably warped in the picture and if you can see that its warped in the picture i cant imagine what it looks like in person. That door needs more bodywork than it would of if he had just used dura glass.
    well maybe the pic sucks but it is in no way warped! I can run my hand down it now after Ive grinded it and it feels and looks great. With us having a few inches of rain today I couldnt do a thing with it so itll need some serious tlc next chance I get. Hopefully at the latest wednesday
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I highly doubt that feels great when you run your hand across it. Im sure you know what a straight body panel feels like and that is not one. That need serious body work before its smooth man.

ah
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

As someone who has done body work for a few years now and have used dura glass many times I would NOT recamend shaving your body line with it..

dura glass is just a better name brand bondo, yes it is stronger then bondo but it has one major flaw... it's heaver and you dont want a heavy body filler going all the way down the side of your car...

Also rember the stronger the body filler the eazyer it will crack, the body line is a flex point for a s-10 blazer, and the only way to shave it right is to weld and get rid of the flex all together...

as far as I know no body filler would be good to shave a bodyline but I do know that dura glass wouldent be much better then bondo if any better

I highly doubt that feels great when you run your hand across it. Im sure you know what a straight body panel feels like and that is not one. That need serious body work before its smooth man.
    man , what do you have against welding a line? Its my truck and i could get like 4 people on here that arent members to tell you its flat and straight! Do you think that maybe its the black soot that makes it look like that against the white? Maybe you need your eyes checked for flaws, I think they are warped!

If you dont like custom work, go buy an Extreme and get it over with
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    man , what do you have against welding a line? Its my truck and i could get like 4 people on here that arent members to tell you its flat and straight! Do you think that maybe its the black soot that makes it look like that against the white? Maybe you need your eyes checked for flaws, I think they are warped!

If you dont like custom work, go buy an Extreme and get it over with
    Nothin against welding it at all bro, just tryin to get people to see that dura glass is one way to go and it will work if used correctly. Maybe it is the soot. But it does need bodywork. haha im all for the custom work. I wasnt tryin to single you out or anything man I was just usin you as an example, it is your thread. If you can make it look good then props.

And lush, I work with the stuff almost everyday. atleast once or twice a week. And there is no way your going to tell me that its just a better name brand bondo or it wont work. First of all they are two different products for different purposes and if prepped correctly it will work. Theyre are plenty of truck out there to prove it. You still need to use bondo when you shave a bodyline with dura glass but its only a skim coat of it.

are you a dura glass salesman or something? I have been going to school since the fall getting certified in autobody and nobody that knows what they are doing would tell you to fill a body line with dura glass or any other kind of filler.
    "hellacasey" IM me

heres todays work
    I got alot done , dam near the whole left side