Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heres me WELDING my body line shut

06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

Originally posted by sk8punk45
    i hate you.
    :finger:

Id say something smartass but Ive already welded it
    duece
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

vader

And yes Mr. Professional mud slapper, I have done body work before. I've worked in a body shop that has one a few best paint awards at the Detroit Autorama.

Working at Macco doesn't make you a professional bodyman.

Originally posted by vader

Something about that just makes me laugh.:D
    Originally posted by Blazin Low

I hope he has an epileptic fit while holding that chainsaw and takes himself and his boyfriend out.

85 4x4 AWD mustang killing
    LT-4 powered bad
    mama jama.

posted by lushdrunk............................Also rember the stronger the body filler the eazyer it will crack, the body line is a flex point for a s-10 blazer, and the only way to shave it right is to weld and get rid of the flex all together...
    .....................................????????????? ????????????? bodyline is a flexpoint????????????????????? what..........................lol it was put there for stregthening so the body panels dont flutter as you're going down the road......................its exactly the oppisite of a flexpoint
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    minitruckin is not a phase ........its a lifestyle

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwnerProfile.aspx?Home=true&ProfileID=18589

http://members.cardomain.com/pagsjohn

Ok smart ass, 1st off a body line does keep the body parts form warping, it is their to keep the fender stronger by absorbing the flex.... :finger:

vader
    Hey lush, don't worry about him. It's not worth it.

Originally posted by Lucky Dime
    :finger:

don't worry luckydime im with you on this whole deal..........:bigthumb:

1 -for don't hate luckydime

but hate other jackasses on this messageboard that think "there way" is THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    minitruckin is not a phase ........its a lifestyle

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwnerProfile.aspx?Home=true&ProfileID=18589

http://members.cardomain.com/pagsjohn

Originally posted by vader

And yes Mr. Professional mud slapper, I have done body work before. I've worked in a body shop that has one a few best paint awards at the Detroit Autorama.

haha i got a good laugh out of the professional mud slapper part:bigthumb:
    but actually i work at one of the most reputable shops in the state. our current painter left mercedes to work for us.we just did a car that was on the cover of performance vw. and one that will most likely soon be on the cover of super street or some import magazine. and weve done a couple other show winning vehicles in the past. not quite maaco but close :bigthumb:

Originally posted by pa gs john
    don't worry luckydime im with you on this whole deal..........:bigthumb:

1 -for don't hate luckydime

but hate other jackasses on this messageboard that think "there way" is THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im glad that someone gets it. BTW, Your club owns:bigthumb: Most down to earth, hardcore, no bullshit club ever with sick trucks to top it off:bigthumb: Hey, did you happen to see the red mkIII vw at magnetic minis?

come on now ! dont diss macco some people like overspray on the windshild............Shit give it time it will become a new ricer trend :rofl:

as for you pa gs john
    Im still lurning alot about painting, But I have done quite a few on my own, Ive never went to school nor had any pro jobs..... But I can still lay down a nice automotive finish.. ( I have pics to prove it) and even as inexperanced (sp) as i am I still wouldent fill my body line with body filler....their is an eazy way out of everything, welding doesnt make it the right way, nor does filling it wil globs of body filler... the right way would never have a body like to start with......

But how can you even say that body filler is better then welding?
    have you ever seen a car with body filler over 1/16" thick 5 years latter?

If you have you should know it looks like ass...

Body filler was invented to fill in small dings and dents, not to be half of your cars finish..
    It might work for 2yrs but you will allways have getto body work done to your car.. and I would never buy a car that had that much bondo in it nor would anyone else..

if you dont have a welder then YES bondo your body line if you must have it done, but if you do have a welder and you dont weld it then you are a lazy fucking retard that should not atempt body work............

vader
    Lucky Dime: Ya, I'm just kidding around but my point is this: You're only 18 (not meant to be a put down) which means you haven't been out of school that long. You might be o.k. at what you do, but you have a lot of learning left to do. Don't go shoving your way down someone else's throat. Metal is always stronger than filler. If someone doesn't like your way of doing things, they don't have to.

If you've never seen someone patch a panel and not need to use any filler afterwards, that's not my fault. It has been done, and will be done again by master metal workers. The new way of doing things in shops is to get the work in and get it out as fast as you can, that's how they make their money in a day to day operation. A custom vehicle is built to a higher class than your regular mom's grocery getter that's in for collision repair.

Not trying to bust your balls, and if you feel like that's what I'm trying to do , then I apologize. But there's a lot you haven't seen yet that will blow your mind on some of the higher quality rides out there. If someone comes into your shop with a Jag, or some other high quality car that has an 1/8" deep crease running down the side of it because some old bluehair didn't see them in the parking lot, are you gonna just fill it with duraglass? I don't think so.
    Last edited by vader; 04-28-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Give it a break guys. It's a conflict of interest. Drop it.

Besides.. you all know that JB Weld is better than anything for filling body lines. :tongue:
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo