Thread: v8 conversion

Exclamation v8 conversion

Looking for someone in Central Florida area that can do the conversion professionaly, but affordable... Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

Talking v8 conversion

WELL I AM NOT REAL CLOSE BUT WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU BUT,I AM IN FORT MYERS.I AM A MECHANIC AND HAVE A BLAZER THAT DID THE SWAP IN AND JUST FINSHED ONE FOR A CO-WORKER.I WILL ATTACH A PICTURE OF IT.I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE PARTS YOU NEED OR YOU WILL BUY WHAT PARTS YOU NEED AND NOT TRY AND CUT CORNERS THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DO THE SWAP THE RIGHT WAY!!.I WILL WARN YOU THOUGH IT IS NOT CHEAP TO DO THIS SWAP.THE PARTS WILL COST ALOT MORE THAN THE LABOR.I ENJOY DOING IT THATS WHY I DO IT SO CHEAP IT IS LIKE A HOBBY FOR ME.I AM VERY PICKY ABOUT MY WORK!ALSO THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN TO HEAR AND SEE A V8 IN A S TRUCK.LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR NEED SOME INFO I WILL GLADLY HELP.

P.S. IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THE BOOK J.T.R. DO SO IT IS WORTH THE MONEY. SUMMIT SELLS THEM.

2.8 is crap

i GOT A 2.8 IN my blazer and its about gone. I want to put in a v8 but the only thing is i got a 4x4... Can i just drop a 350 in there or d i have to do a complete tranny overhaul... Im lost i dont know if it can be done.

If you know anyhting about droppin a engine swap in a 4x4 tell me..
    Fuck that east coast b-boy hip-hop that gay shit - Mac Dre & Baby Beesh
    ~Blazed~Out~

Slow Ride

tranny

It all depends on the typs of tranmission you have.

There are v-8 conversion kits for 4x4's.

The bellhousing bolt pattern is different between a 2.8 and a SB Chevy.

If you have an automatic its time for a new tranny. If you have a stick all you have to get is a new bellhousing.

Lightbulb for everyone who needs answers

FOR ALL OF YOU WANTING TO DO THE SWAP AND ARE NOT REAL SURE WHAT WILL OR WILL NOT WORK I HAVE ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING TO SAY.BUY THE BOOK J.T.R. (JAGS THAT RUN) IT WILL HELP YOU MORE THAN YOU THOUGHT POSSIBLE .IT COST AROUND 30.00 BUT BELEIVE ME IT IS WORTH IT. IT HAS ALOT OF ANSWERS. SUMMIT RACING SELLS THEM OR YOU CAN GO TO THERE WEB SITE. WWW.JAGSTHATRUN.COM
    IT COVERS FROM OLD TO NEW TRUCKS AND BLAZERS TWO AND FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.STICK OR AUTOMATICS.IN DETAIL

Question cost for 2.8l to 350

does anyone have an idea on the cost it will cost me just to get a 350 motor in my 2.8l blazer and running with the conversions and all, wel of course with a tranny b/c im sure i need a another one... i know i cant get exact prices but a rounded number. crate,rebuilt, my my dad and brother are mechanice so i gues i can save some money .... im just sick of my 2.8l i feel like a turtle that cant come out of my shell.....thanx guys
    OB

Guys, it all depends on what you are buying. Really it all depends on how much you buy the engine and tranny for. My engine and tranny ran about 2300 bucks. My engine was built professionally, and the tranny bought new. So your looking at engine tranny costs, then there are things like cooling. You have to get a new radaitor and probably some eletric fans. Those arnt cheap. You can get those in summit. Then the upper motor mounts, those are like 50. There is just a bunch of junk you have to buy to get everthing running. You can keep the stock rear end if you baby it and never romp on yer motor. But see thats why we get the 350's so eventually you might want a new rearend. Just go ask a swap shop what they would charge you to put in a 350. It is a pretty simple install, I forget how many hours it took to get my motor installed. But I remember it was way less than I thought.

I am sure putting in a 350 would be cheaper than putting a fuel injected 4.3. So put it that way.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend