Thread: Super charger

Super charger

What kind of supercharger can I get to run on my truck with the TBI? I would like it to still be streetable also. I think I broke a cam shaft or it might be just the distributor drive gear but any way I am lookin to tear it all down and start fresh. Any help is appreciated
    ride low

I forgot to mention it is a 350.
    ride low

i cant imagine you breaking a cam.. or even the gear for that matter.. but anyways..

you can get a vortech or powerdype or even paxton.. the style that mount to the front of your motor.. that way you still have hood clearance and there very effieient.. only problem is.. i dont believe anyone makes one specifically for your application so you have have to modify a few things to make it fit..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Well somethin did break cause the distributor wont turn. It was a high milage motor soanything can happen. Thanks for thew input though.
    ride low

supercharger...

I have done some research on superchargers and you may want to look into and ATI procharger or Whipple...STAY away from Powerdyne, they claim ceramic ball bearings, but the only thing with those is the impeller. I have also read stuff from guys who have purchased them and the have had to get them rebuilt every 6000 miles or so cause of the belt and something else I can't remember. I will see if I can find that site again...

thanks alot man
    ride low