Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3" Spindle Question

3" Spindle Question

I want to go with a 3" drop up front but I really don't wanna F with the ride, I saw a company with 3" drop spindles and I was wondering if anyone heard of or has used these spindles-

Thanks
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Nope never heard of em. What company makes em?

My buddy just picked up a set, but not sure who they came from. Next time i hear from him i will let you know (he left for a week or two after our college classes were over) So should be within the next week.

as of recently there were only 2" spindles for mini's, BUT i remember a while back (years) someone bought an s10 from the factory w/ a 3/4 drop and it had 3" spindles on it.. never found out who made them.

and yes you used to be able to order s10s w/ a drop....
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you

Damn, i looked for them everywhere too, I cant find them now, but im sure they werent belltech or djm, i dunno. Anyway, if anyone hears anything let me know....
    Get Down or Lay Down...

my buddy said his were belltech. but they don't sell them anymore. try contacting belltech and ask if they still have any?

Belltech has only ever made 2" drop spindles for S10s. There are only 2" spindles for S10s unless some company like AIM is making them (3" drop'd), so it's most likely an inferior part. There are 3" spindles for fullsizes though. And the S10s have been able to be ordered lowered from the factory via 1.5" drop coils up front and that's it. It's the ZQ8 option which is the sport package.

For a 3" drop, you can either use 3" coils or 1" coils with 2" drop spindles. Neither will screw up your suspension, but with the 3" coils you'll need new shocks, and of course you NEED an alignment after ANYTIME you touch your front suspension. Otherwise it will get screwed up, but not due to parts but rather the owner.

Nate

I know how to do a 3", I was tryin to go for a 3" easily without buying all kinds of extra shit like new springs & shocks. I was just goin with that sport look, tryin to keep it cheap. (I'm a college student). Either way, if anyone hears of the 3" drop spindles, post it-
    Get Down or Lay Down...

nah no one makes 3" spindles.. and if your worried about *cheap* just get a set of 3" drop springs.. there cheaper then spindles and you will have to do LESS work to install them because you have to drop the lower control arm to swap spindles anyways.. so instead just swap out springs and your done ... also you can run stock shocks w/ 3" springs just if your going to .. get new ones i had stock shocks on my truck and it rode fine
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

BIG JOKER ---- BEAT THAT hennondarocks's Avatar
    Esten motorsports sells a 3" spindle for $129

Angry

LINK???

Probably just a miss type or some POS. See Belltech is probably the biggest manufacturer of suspension parts and the most popular, but they also don't sell 4" drop blocks nor 3" drop spindles for S10s.. I always figured if Belltech doesn't sell it, that means they don't want their name being associated with an inferior product or products that aren't the best for a vehicle. Like AIM sells everything and anything, they don't care, good or bad, but people don't like them because of it, and the people that buy from them, often get screwed around.

So don't always trust what you see on the net or believe everything you here. Just because one company out of a 100 has it, doesn't mean it's any good or safe.

Nate

vader
    Audiodogg's post makes a lot of sense. I wonder when someone is gonna sue AIM because their inferior products resulted in a death or serious permanent injury to someone?

HAVE YOU EVER ORDERED ANYTHING FROM ESTEN ? THAT WHAT I ASKED IN MY THREAD THEIR PRICES LOOK A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

THEY SAY THEY GET THEIR PARTS FROM " CHASSI TECH " I THINK I SPELLED THAT WRONG BUT AREN'T THEY A GOOD COMPANY

Yeah, I haven't ordered anything, but I checked out the website. You click on Chassistech or goto their website and search for suspension parts, and it links to AIMs website..a little messed up if you ask me.

And you know it's bad when a company has to say this under their picture for spindles:

"Need Help? 800-682-TRUX DROP SPINDLES Our spindles are cast at BELL FOUNDRY in Los Angeles. Our competition likes to "play dirty" & would have you think they are inferior grade. THEY ARE GUARANTEED FOR LIFE!! And cost you much less."

Albeit spindles may not change much but the service you get, instruction and help etc does.

Nate