Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3" Spindle Question

ahh.. so someone does make 3" dropped spindles eh? Yea, i'm gonna be ordering them here within the next couple weeks, i'll let yas know the outcome...
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Originally posted by Firetruck
    ahh.. so someone does make 3" dropped spindles eh? Yea, i'm gonna be ordering them here within the next couple weeks, i'll let yas know the outcome...
    Smart, real smart

Don't know till ya try...
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Don't know till ya try...
    ...Or till you die! Face it dood, if you got a $5 truck, put $5 parts on it...
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

Yo son. I said cheap for a reason. I got a 93 s10. It ain't exactly bling bling. 3" spindles, and 3" blocks will do the job, I don't plan to keep this thing for a lot longer anyway.
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Yo son. I said cheap for a reason. I got a 93 s10. It ain't exactly bling bling. 3" spindles, and 3" blocks will do the job, I don't plan to keep this thing for a lot longer anyway.
    If you're not planning on keeping it, why mod it? Someone else is gonna buy it (maybe) and with crappy parts under it, could maybe bust themselves up with your $5 investment... I was trying to help.
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

I figure on havin it for another year, so i was tryin to get some new tires, and while i was at it, if i could find some spindles for 150 and blocks for like 40, i spend like 200 plus alignment and im dropped a bit. If i dont get rid of it, thats cool, if I do, im just doin some other cat a favor.
    Get Down or Lay Down...

So why not just get a set of 3" springs and do it the semi-right way. But its your truck do whatever you want even when everyone else, that most likely knows more than you, tells you not to

cause then I would have to spend an extra 100 bills on new shocks for a barely bareable ride.
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Originally posted by Lucky Dime
    So why not just get a set of 3" springs and do it the semi-right way. But its your truck do whatever you want even when everyone else, that most likely knows more than you, tells you not to
    Hey, we tried! When his spindle snaps and busts his head open like a watermelon dropped from the 12th floor, we'll know why!

good one... bet that took you a while to come up with.
    Get Down or Lay Down...

Originally posted by Robo
    Hey, we tried! When his spindle snaps and busts his head open like a watermelon dropped from the 12th floor, we'll know why!
    haha yea we tried. hes gettin defensive now too. like a little kid oh well.

2" drop spindles are $150US and blocks are $25. An alignment will be around 40 or so depending and where you go.

That'll be $250 after taxes and done right, and a 2/3 or 3/3 drop isn't really that much. $250 isn't much money when you think about your life being involved. Hell, I goto college, work 32hr a week, pay a mortgage, insurance everything...and that's the one thing I don't cheap out on are vehicle parts, especially for the suspension. I don't care how much it is, you save up to save your life. I've seen lots of problems will no-name parts, that I stick with trusted brands.

If you need to find out then that's fine, buy them, but if they don't give you a real 3" drop, don't bitch about the wasted money.

Nate

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Drop the shit.

We're just trying to warn you about the 3'' spindle and how it's not exactly safe.

You other people, it's quite apparent he's not going to listen to any kind of advisement that is posted here. So just drop it. Both sides!
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

cause then I would have to spend an extra 100 bills on new shocks for a barely bareable ride.

:rofl: if you had any clue about suspension youd know your dont NEED drop shocks and the ride w/ drop springs.. isnt bad at all.. but you know it all haha

:bigthumb:

ok Ricky im done.. sorry lol
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber