Thread: Stoopid swap question...

Stoopid swap question...

Is there anyway that I could possibly swap an older engine in my 2001 and have the computer "say" that it is newer than it is (i.e. LT1 from '99 and the OBD read 2001)? Or, is it as simple as just using a 2001+ computer on an older powerplant? Make sense to anyone? It is much easier relay verbally than typing...
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

No More Fat Bitchez. BlazednConfuzed's Avatar

Re: Stoopid swap question...

Originally posted by Robo
    Is there anyway that I could possibly swap an older engine in my 2001 and have the computer "say" that it is newer than it is (i.e. LT1 from '99 and the OBD read 2001)? Or, is it as simple as just using a 2001+ computer on an older powerplant? Make sense to anyone? It is much easier relay verbally than typing...
    You got it, it really is that simple assuming you use all the sensors and coil and module packs from the original LT1.:bigthumb:
    Did I Say or do Something you don't like? Click HERE to do something about it.
    2 DOOR LOVE

Originally posted by otter

Hey, I'm glad to see that they finally got the internet out in the sticks. But, for the sake of society please go back to fucking your sister and ignore the internet.

well you cant get a 99 LT!, a 99 would be a LS1
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    well you cant get a 99 LT!, a 99 would be a LS1
    I mis-typed the year of the LT1, oops! I am hoping to put one over on the OBD dude (I know it's wrong but...).
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

threaten him with tony low fury, were 25+ strong!
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    threaten him with tony low fury, were 25+ strong!
    Threaten, c'mon you're a mod dude! You can't allow me to do that!

...or can you? :D

threaten who?
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt