Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone kbow of a bolt on 4 link

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Here's the pic that Alter Images sent me...I don't think it will actually work for a blazer application...doesn't really look like it will...

see my other post. FBI told me in person that they are gonna do a cant-4 link. But it seemed like something that was on the back burner. we need to get on them, and let them know it would be profitible enough for them to do it.:gunfire:

Talking Bolt on 4 link

Alter Image has a bolt on 4 link that does not fit the 4 door because the crossmember in located 7 inches further forward but they made mine custom, Talk to a guy named STEVEO, It bolts right in with little cutting,(compared to others):bigthumb:

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    So they really do have a bolt-on 4-link for the blazers? sweet!! That'll be nice when I drop my 305 in this winter.:eek:

Cool alters 4 link

:evil: Im going to start installing my four link from alter image this week on my four door . They made it custom cause the upper bars are a different length, so then the angles are different on the triangulated part. they didnt even know the 4 door was a different chassis as far as placement of crossmembers. they helped me out a bunch and cut me some deals. the only prob Im seeing is the driveline clearence to the crossmember that the upper links mount to. If you just remove the bump stops and cut out that metal on the frame just over the axle it will work, anymore than that and you have to remove some metal from the croosmember and get creative. ill keep ya'll posted though and will get lots of pics. Email me if you need any info on any of this. weintx@aol.com

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loblzr

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

loblzr......keep us posted.....i am looking forward to seeing how it turned out...

I got it on!! It looks so sweet! The lower part of the frame under the rear doors is about 1/2 inch off the ground with no c notch rollin on 18's. When I c-notch it and shave the lower part of the frame it will lay frame still without cutting into the aft cargo area. I'll upload ALL the pics when I figure out how to post them on my personal page, any help? WEINTX@AOL.com:D The picture attached is one of it completed FYI, L8R all.:bigthumb:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loblzr

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

Now drag the shit out of that un-needed frame & post a video of it. :bigthumb:
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Hey lob... Did you get the 4 link w/ or w/out the canti.... I went in today and ordered my 4 link. They seemed unsure about the canti. I talk to the owner Steve (diffrent from Steve-o). They will build a canti for my blazer, but they are unsure about the length of the rear of the leafs to the shackle. I got the 4 link, and notches for my blaze, but I want a cantilever also.

Just a note to anyone out there... Alter images is the shit. I drove up today(about 2 hours away), and the owner(steve) should me around the shop, I bought my 4 link today. They know that blazers are different, and can still build a very clean bolt on 4 link. Plus it's really cool to see some of the stuff around the shop, including the tight taco thats in their adds

the leaf springs for a p up and a blaze are the same so the canti arms should work fine . but the frame rails from the rear end back are different heights. on the pass side it is higher for the tail pipe and the driver side is lower for the gas tank filler.. i think the kit will work fine but you will have to modify the rails fron the rear end back.
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

Talking alters' link

I got the four link only, I made my own bag mounts off the back of the axle pads and the bag bolts to the bottom of the frame. I will have to change it though when I do my notch, I was thinking of adding the cantilever set up. The upper links for a four door are 7" longer which they made me after i got the dimensions they needed. I will attach pics of the bag mount Im using now. L8R