Thread: 2.8L possibilities

Lightbulb 2.8L possibilities

hey what up guys.. does anyone know the possibilities of what i can do with my 2.8L 87 blazer... as of performance wise... i know theres not a lot i can do but just want to se my possibilites.. thanx guys

No offence at all or anything. But any "performance'' modificatons to a 2.8 other than a k&n drop in filter is just a waste of money. The K&n will save you money in the long run because they just last and last and last.

If I were you, I would get a K&n Filter, and maybe a really nice carberator for better gas mileage. I would stick with that and make it look and sound nice.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Yeah, 2.8 and performance don't work together, so do what 8 said just for the mileage until you can afford at least a 4.3. That's what I am doing.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Biggest, cheapest mod that you can do, that is actually worth your while with a 2.8L, turn your air filter lid UPSIDE DOWN and get a K&N. Not only will you add roughly 10 hp, your truck will absoultely sound 100% better. Trust me, I thought it was dumb too, but now I can easily tell if someone has put the lid on the right way again just by the sound and the feel of my truck.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

I did that by accident about a year ago. Then realized I did it and reealized that it gives a 360 degree intake area. So I have left it like that ever since. I had no idea anyone else had done that.

Wink

I did that on my dads S-10 4.3 v-6 when I was 15 and he told me whoever told me that is a moron and needs to goto mechanic school,It worked fine for me I didn't see wtf his problem is.

I've looked at my dads 98 4.3 vortech and touching that would be stupid as hell. I can understand on the 2.8 but I don't know about the 4.3, you dad might have been right :)
    hah
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

in jc whitney they sell a NOS kit for the 2.8 i'm not gonna talk bad about the 2.8 because it's what i have and don't have the $$$ for a 350 conversion, plus i'd rather do the interior and some exterior first.

NOS would eat a 2.8 alive! I don't know if mine could handle a gas upgrade:cool: But I agree, I would rather put the little money I have in to the making LOOK nice first, then worry about the 4.3/350/Hemi or what ever.