Thread: is the trans overheating?

is the trans overheating?

when the truck warms up. in between 180 and 210. the trans acts like i'm trying to power brake it. only when i put it in 1st gear manually. if i take it out of 1st and put in 2nd the truck drives ok. when it is cold it runs real good. i have the trans just hooked up to the trans cooler. should also put it throught the radiator too?

You have a th350 as far as my memory serves me, do you have the vacuum line hooked up?
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    You have a th350 as far as my memory serves me, do you have the vacuum line hooked up?
    If that vacuum line wasn't hooked up, he'd be posting about more than just this problem. HAHA I left mine unhooked. 1st wouldn't shift on its own until 4500rpm. Crazy shit.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo