Thread: Which drop and smaller bumpstops?

Which drop and smaller bumpstops?

I am wanting to lower my 98' 4-door blazer, but i can't decide what drop i want (2"-3",3"-4",or 4"-5"). Everyone around here is telling me to do the 2"-3" since it a daily driver but i think i could at least do the 3"-4" without any problems. so what do you guys think? I also have another problem!! the bumpstops on the rear. they are mounted to the frame and they hit a plate that is coming off the axle. the problem is that all i have on the back right now are 1" blocks and the stops are about an1" from the plates so when i put the drop on it they will hit. any suggestions would be much appreciated! :confused:
    P.S.: do they make any smaller bumpstops these are huge!

I'm going to say 4/5 drop. You only have 1 inch??? You are only dropped 1" and you onlt have 1" left? That means you had 2" of travel to begin with. There is something wrong or your ruler is broken.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

re:drop and bumpstops

well i looked at the stops and i do have more than 1" , but even though when i put a 3"4" or4"5" drop on it, it will be touching. has anyone ever heard of this?? its a 98'

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    They make some really short bump stops at AIM i think. but don't worry about what people say about lowering you daily driver, I have a 4" drop all around and I know dudes with bags a lay frame with there daily driver(they are also spoiled brats) you just have to be nore carful around speed bumps and pot holes. you can hit them just not to fast. I hit a speed hump(speed bump 6ft wide) and I was going a lil fast passing my girl in her neighborhood at night. I hit it going about 40 forgrting that I just dropped my truck... but it was cool I shot parcks from my frame. Too bad I wasn't in my girls car so I could see it. I scared to shiznit out of her:cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Here's some replacement bums stops at AIM
    Just make sure that you still have clearence between the axle and the frame with the smaller stops.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    get pancake bumpstops
    Good Bye Blazer