Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decided to upgrade to a V8

Talking Decided to upgrade to a V8

Well after alot of thinking I have decided to go ahead and do a V8 swap. Last sunday I bought a 4.3 blazer for $700.00 (BTW is for sale). I didnt listen and went ahead and bought it thinking I would swap it into my 2.8's place. After some posts on here and talking to some people I changed my mind. Well I really changed my mind when I started to take apart the 4.3. Its alot of work to do a swap from a 2.8 to a 4.3 and not knowing if I will still be satisfied.

So I bought another vehicle today. Its an '83 K5 blazer with a new crate 350 engine with less than 50k on it, automatic, and 4x4. Everything I need to do my swap since mine is 4x4.

Well I justed wanted to say that I never thought I would be putting a 350 in my blazer but thanks to some of you guys I am going to go ahead and do it.

Heres a pic of the K5 and my current blazer that the v8 is going in.

good choice

yeah i know. Now I get to post in the V8 section!!! :smoker:

well good luck to you it is no fun putting a v8 in or the one I done in a s10 pickup was not fun.

I had fun putting in mine. All my hard work is paying off. Good luck with your swap. When I decided to do mine, I hadn't even changed transmission fluid before and now I'm finished with my swap and I'm already getting offers from people to buy it :)

yeah ive never really done anything big with a motor. Hopefully i will learn alot from doing this swap.

meet your new best friend

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/search.php?s=

all the advice I can give you is READ READ READ. sign on to different forums and ask your stupid questions there so you don't piss these guys off ( jk :D ). Nah but you don't need a damn instruction manual, I didn't. I spent those $30 on something else for my truck

Nice Blaze!

Good luck with the swap, you won't regret it after it is all done.

Cheers!

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    :bigthumb:
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

Puttin the &amp;quot;Sport&amp;quot; in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    you will definitely be happy with the finished product. It is well worth the time. If you need help with something, just ask around. There are plenty of us who have done it, and we have probably ran across just about every problem imaginable.

Western Washington The Truth: Being a jerk, so you realize how dumb you really are!
    I had no problem transplanting a 305 into a 91 s-10 pickup...It was pretty fun, my first swap and any questions I had were answered on here (didn't have many)...Its realtively easy...From what I hear tho, the hardest part you may have is beating the wirewall in a little to get it to fit (didn't have to do that myself).

Take lots of pics too...We all love to see em..
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Just stay the hell away from Thadlinkwent, he's a troublemaker.
    No 4 door love here

i love the v8 in my blazer. it is big difference from the v6.shouldn't be very hard.you got a donor vehicle so it should be ok. just let me know when you plan on doing this swap. hopefully i'm in town and run up there and help ya.

Originally posted by m8w6r77
    i love the v8 in my blazer. it is big difference from the v6.shouldn't be very hard.you got a donor vehicle so it should be ok. just let me know when you plan on doing this swap. hopefully i'm in town and run up there and help ya.
    That would be cool. If not I just made a new friend that has alot of the tools that I would need and he knows alot more about motors than I do...but we would defintely have to meet up someday when i get mine in.

Thanks guys for the help and compliments:p:

i wanna do a V8 swap but i got to have my car cant have any down time
    94 s-10 blazer 4dr 2wd SFBD

http://www.cardomain.com/id/huisurdady

www.myspace.com/huisurdady
    4 Door Love

Nice choise man, glad you decided to go with the V8 instead of the 4.3. I feel the need to bring this up as we had an accident with another member on the forum. A 350 V8 is ALOT differnt than a 2.8...So on your first test drive...DONT CRASH INTO A TREE, be easy on the throttle around turns, dont gun it unless you know for sure you can handle it. Just a very early warning.