Thread: Wieland 6-71 Street Supercharger

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar

Wieland 6-71 Street Supercharger

I need to know all of the information one should know when considering buying one of these supercharger kits.

I need to know how one would work on my settup I have right now which is listed below. Also based off of my settup what carburetors would I need to run?

Any help will be appreciated.

Settup:
    350 4-bolt block
    hypereutectic 9.7:1 compression pistons
    GM Performance Vortec heads
    Summit camshaft 214/224 duration @ .050'' with .442/.465'' lift (same as the Crane Blue Racer cam)
    forged crankshaft
    GM Performance 1.5 rocker arms
    GM rods
    Sealed Power high volume oil pump
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

First off I am no expert but I am about 90% sure you will have to lower your compression to aroun 8:1 - 8.5:1 something about heat I think. That is about all I can help you on I'm no good at carbs I do process of elimination on those.
    88 S10 Blazer - Work In Progress 360 hp 350/TH400 coming soon....

Like I told you Ricky, your definetly gonna need new heads, or lower comp pistons. 8.5:1 is the highest I'd go with a large blower like that.

I'd go with a blower cam. If you don't want to go with much more duration, I'd go with higher lift. At least around .500.

I haven't really researched large roots blowers, I don't fancy having a huge hole in the hood, or not being able to drive in the rain, but I don't recall ever seeing them with a vortec intake.

I think 2 smaller carbs would be better. Like 2 450 or 500 cfm holleys.

Maybe Im way off. But, your not gonna know any better. :rofl: :bigthumb:
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

your not set up for a blower , too much compression, wrong pistons. They have cams just for blowers.
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    That's what I figured. I have a 010 2-bolt 350 block sitting around I might settup over the years to run a blower. I could forged and ARP everything on the bottom end, splayed main caps, run about 8.5:1 pistons, a specific blower cam... basically just build it right, instead of slapping a blower ontop of an engine that's not made for one.

I was thinking about making a tt383, but after really thinking about all of the work and money I'd be putting into just plumbing everything, I don't think I want to bite off of that apple.

The big inspiration behind the blower is that when I was about 13-14 my dad used to have a 1985 S-10 Blazer that had a 350 with a B&M blower on it. It was also tubbed with a 9'' rear. Was one bad ass truck.

ZZ4 - You are right, my slimey little friend. I wouldn't know the difference.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

If you have any interest at all in a turbo you might rethink your decision. If you can cut and weld pipe, plumbing the turbo isn't that difficult, might even be able to talk a muffler shop into it.

Don't flame right away but you might wanna check out www.turbomustangs.com they do some junkyard setups that are very impressive, there are members who only run GM products with turbos, everyone seems to get along and the information isn't really ford specific, a turbo that will work with a 5.8 ford motor will work with a 5.7 chevy motor, the turbo doesn't know the difference and the requirements are the same, :). The torque these fellas are getting with minimal cubic inches and cost effective set ups is ridiculous IMO, good luck