Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: twin turbo V8 pick em up

twin turbo V8 pick em up

10 Second Turbo Chev S10

This truck was built by Chris Bounds in Picayune, Mississippi, USA.

Power comes from a 355 Chev V8 with TRW forged pistons, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, stock '89 TPI cam, roller tipped rockers and Edelbrock Victor Jr. manifold, mounting a 75mm Edelbrock throttle body and 72 lb. Accel injectors. Intercooler is a Griffin, turbos are twin T3/ TO4 with Stage 3 turbines, .82 housings and 57 trim compressors. An HKS blow off valve is fitted. An SDS EM-3 8E controls the fuel and spark.

Drivetrain consists of a Turbo 400 tranny with 3000 stall converter, a Borg/Warner 4472 transfer case and 3.08 rear end gears driving 245/50 Nitto drag radials. Best 1/4 mile so far is a 10.49@129 mph and a 1.51 60 foot time

Here's the actual page
    check out his project page
    Last edited by Ericoo1; 06-14-2004 at 12:40 AM.

Can you fucking say SLEEPER. That looks sweet. TT AWD V8. 1.51 60 with 3.08 gears!!!! Torque!!!

There a whole lotta work in that mother. I'll bet that would be a whole different animal with a blower cam.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

:huh: :bowdown:

Zach
    Originally posted by Blazin Low

I hope he has an epileptic fit while holding that chainsaw and takes himself and his boyfriend out.

85 4x4 AWD mustang killing
    LT-4 powered bad
    mama jama.

im calling copyright infringement, that focker stole my idea, awwww shit who am i kidding im just jealous.
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

dam man, Im surprised that was built like 20 minutes from me
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Can you fucking say SLEEPER. That looks sweet. TT AWD V8. 1.51 60 with 3.08 gears!!!! Torque!!!

There a whole lotta work in that mother. I'll bet that would be a whole different animal with a blower cam.
    sleeper is right ....thats sweet
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    That is to the "T" of what I want to do but with a 383 for my next build. I have a couple blocks laying around. This winter I am going to start doing little by little as I can afford it (making an engine fund).

The one block I have is a 350, 010, 2 bolt block. High nickel content cast block. Get splayed caps put on, a forged stroker crank, forged rods, line bored, bored .030, machined for stroker, 8.5:1 forged pistons. Then put a blower cam in. I'm thinking like a World Products Sportsman II or maybe even go with some aluminum Brodix heads. The key thing I need to think about is if I want to go with some method of fuel injection or try to do it carbed..... but it will be awhile before I get to that stage.

It's just a toss up between a tt383 or a supercharged 383. Supercharged would be easier, but tt would just be bad ass.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Originally posted by Catching Second
    It's just a toss up between a tt383 or a supercharged 383. Supercharged would be easier, but tt would just be bad ass.
    Do you want a sleeper or something that you just "stick it out" of the hood and make people tremble?

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    That's another issue. I would love to have a 6-71 with 2 Holleys screaming through the hood, but I also don't want to lose my freedom of driving in the rain whenever I want to. I think if I go supercharger I'll probably wind up going Vortech. But damnit... those Wieland 6-71s in Summit have sticky spots on them in my catelog.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

That's another issue. I would love to have a 6-71 with 2 Holleys screaming through the hood, but I also don't want to lose my freedom of driving in the rain whenever I want to. I think if I go supercharger I'll probably wind up going Vortech. But damnit... those Wieland 6-71s in Summit have sticky spots on them in my catelog.

I don't see any problem in the rain.

What is the water going to hurt on a roots vs a centrifical everything still has to make it throught the air cleaner, and if you think that there is less water under the hood you would be wrong.

Many older hot rods run a water injection system when on the boost anyways.

Also whatever scoop you decide to run could be turned around backwards during the rain, it would work similar to a cowl hood that way the water would not be being forced into the engine:bigthumb:
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

I think if I go supercharger I'll probably wind up going Vortech.
    Why not a D1-SC Procharger? No tapping into the oil pan (self contained), and intercooled.Found this company last night

Procharger :rock:

While were on the subject, I was driving home last night from a concert, and hit some horrible rain. Hit some deep puddles on the road, and before I knew it, the road was starting to flood.

Getting through it, my truck stalled. Im almost certain that I got water into the motor. Whole engine bay was wet, air filter was soaked, etc. What kinda problems should I be checking for?
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Damn.... am I droolin?
    When in doubt Gas it!

who made the headers for the turbos????? thats whut i whanna know