Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: keepin back seats

Big Swole

keepin back seats

i have a 96 4dr blazer. im gettin ready to bag it and im just doing a bridge kit air over axle setup in the rear. jason at suicidedoors.com told me he would only sell me the 10" bridge kit if it was goin in a blazer. so does anyone have any idea how i can keep my back seats? i have no clue and i HAVE to have my back seats.
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?ProfileID=26463

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done. --Wyatt Strange

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    There was just a big ordeal about a 4 link (thats really a 3 link with a panhard) and f9000 bags that I am going to go for. I don't want to smash my gas tank and I have no room to cut into the rear.
    http://www.mastrianni.net/stevespict...ges/03back.jpg

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Big Swole
    yeah, i was thinkin about that too. ill have to sell my bridge kit and buy just a regular notch and sell my rear bags that i have to get the 4 link. its pretty pricey from what i hear

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done. --Wyatt Strange

The only reason he's selling you a 10 inch instead of an 8 is because the blazer's frame bends downwards, so even if you use the 10, you wont be using the whole notch.

Big Swole
    i realize that but its still going to be in the way of my back seats

you could cut the whole floor and raise it up ...kinda like a body drop but in reverse.

I dont know how much diff the 2nd gens are from the 1st gens..had no problem leavin the back seat in my 4 door 1st gen
    No More 4 DOOR LOVE

Big Swole
    i dunno..i just keep hearing that i will have no back seat anymore

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    stop believing that shit

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Big Swole
    well, when i hear something like that then i start to think about doing things that way. i dont just want to jump in thinkin for the best and hit that problem. i want to find someone who has done it in a 2nd gen 4dr to see exactly what i have to do

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    You sure you'd have to lose the back seat? I dont think you would, have you even gone out and measure to see what it would take for you to lay and taken a good look at it? Don't beleive everything you read cause most people are not well imformed...go out and measure for yourself. what size tires? first gens lay out with out losing the back seat...

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    Originally posted by 96blazin
    well, when i hear something like that then i start to think about doing things that way. i dont just want to jump in thinkin for the best and hit that problem. i want to find someone who has done it in a 2nd gen 4dr to see exactly what i have to do
    OK, i glanced at another second gen 4 door and it doesn't look like it at all. But get in touch with this guys "Destiny Dog" over at customtruckforum.com...i think his name is shaved 96 here? i bet he could answer your questions and he's check out his shit... http://www.customtruckforum.com/foru...play.php?f=100

backseats are over rated......only used for sex......and pizzle stains aint cool!:nod:
    :hifu:
    87 350/350, juiced, body dropped on 20s, 00 sonoma front end conversion, shaved everything FOR SALE! http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100059983.htm
    -=Honky's Garage=-
    custom parts

http://www.myspace.com/infamousdubz

Originally posted by clean n low 84
    OK, i glanced at another second gen 4 door and it doesn't look like it at all. But get in touch with this guys "Destiny Dog" over at customtruckforum.com...i think his name is shaved 96 here? i bet he could answer your questions and he's check out his shit... http://www.customtruckforum.com/foru...play.php?f=100
    destiny dog is just one of the admins over at CTF, he just posted the pics for that dude with the blazer. the owner is mike from alabama..his screen name is lowazzblazer on CTF not sure wut it is here
    No More 4 DOOR LOVE

Big Swole
    Originally posted by CDUBZ
    backseats are over rated......only used for sex......and pizzle stains aint cool!:nod:
    they arent overrated when u have kids to drive around