Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shit Rubs.

My shit Rubs.

When I turn My wheel all the way one direction, my tire rubs on something. I got my license suspended, so I'm trying to fix everything before I get it back, It isn't lowered that much, like 2.5 inches, with 15 inch rims 245 60 tires. I dunno I might wanna go lower with 17's eventually so, anyone one else have this prob..
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Creative Genius
    I have this same problem and my truck is stock height with almost stock tires, i dont know what it is...

Its the tire rubbing against the inner wheel well...either your tires are too wide, or you dont have the right sized rims, 7" wide is what belltech recommends for the front. Mine does it too, because I have 245/50/16 meats on mine.
    this is a test of the sig

Dammnit that pisses me off. It buggs me. I can't park for shit now, I used to my little toyota mr2. haha oh well, I'll deal with it.
    Hey
    does anyone know where I could get the same grille off this?

Also a good site for cowl induction hoods, maybe one a little smaller than that one.

Talking GET USED TO IT....

unless you get narrower tires, beside it doesn't rub much :rolleyes: only when you cock the steering wheel all the way left or right. Rather be low and rub a little the the alternative :cool: Not sure about the grill think choo choo custom used to sell them but I think it's another company now in Ga ? Saw one last weekend at a show, guy said he paid $500 five years ago (ouch), I'm sure they're a little cheaper now.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

No, No, No, I know I can fix it. I don't want anything "rubbing" or anything like that. I don't care how much it costs, Its getting fixed.

Blazinlow Member
    I think an alignment would do it.

Actually I don't think it will. Why would an alignment change my tire rubbing on my wheel wells. I will see if i can remold the wheel wells.

Talking Yeah, shouldn't be to hard...

to find, those (rubbing) spots, they get very shiny :rolleyes: Also reverse the fasteners at the top of the wheelwell that stick out (towards the tire).
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

Blazinlow Member
    The front end alignment is what centers your wheel in the wheel well. It probably rubs in the back not the front, right? Well, if it does then try and measure the distance between the tire and the fender. If you cant tell to much an alignment check should only run $20 or so and could solve a lot of probs.
    Last edited by gw88blaz; 10-17-2001 at 02:35 PM.

Blazinlow Member
    It would be your caster or camber, I can't remember which one.
    Last edited by gw88blaz; 10-17-2001 at 02:36 PM.

More than likely you are rubbing the inner fender well. If you look behind the tire you will see the fender well has some spots that stick out. When I put the 20's on mine and dropped it I kept on rubbing the spots that stuck out over the majority of the surface. I popped the wheel off and tapped the high spots in with a body hammer and that ended all my rubbing. Just take your front wheels off and look for shiny spots and that will let you know where to hammer. Also when you hit the brakes the suspension will shift and cause rubbing under braking with the wheels turned sharply so check for that also. Hope that helps some.:)

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Yah Dwayne sumed it up I think, but I have an 88 and I put sum big BFGoodrich tires on the front. Like every knows s-10 blazers (well unless too modified) They turn on a DIME. but after I lowered mine, I would try to pull U-wees in my street, but it rubbed when I would turn that sharp and seemed to hop too. I took my tire off after a month of this and saw a bare metal spot on my inner fender one quike tap w/ my 5lb. sledge it was fixxed... TAP! :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Exclamation THE GRILLE

If you want any new mod that bolt on to your s-10 and/or s-10 blazer get a TRUCKIN' mag, There like five bucks each and are sum what a catolog, it has ads from 3-5 companys that seel that grill. Don't pay more that 370 bucks for it and thats chrome. paintable should be cheeper. and I don't suggest ordering from T.C.M. for older blazers, they are VERY VERY VERY slow on there orders. if you can't get a mag post again and i'll find yah sum #'s :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Uhmm... No If you look at the front end, You cant just "bolt on that grille" look at all the body work he did. I was just being an idiot. Your saying they sell that grille? When it wont fit?