Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the install bay

Originally posted by knepper
    moral to the story..........i wasnt pimpin after all, i ended up looking retarded.
    :rofl: :rofl: that was a great story:bigthumb:

this one dude around here has a jeep, when he ran his power wire he just went under the whole truck, just inside the frame, wasint connected to the frame or anything, it was just laying there lol, then he drilled a big hole in the back floor and the power wire came up thru there, and connected to his amp, and he grounded his amp to the rear seat clamp thing..he just lifted up his seat, put the wire in there and clamped the seat down on top of it....it kept sparking and shit so i grounded it for him, what a dumbass....

some kid at school wanted me to check out his badass system in his geo storm cause it wasn't working right, so i looked at his fuseless power wire, he had sizess from 4 ga. all the way up to about 20 ga. taped together to form a power wire to reach his amp, he had like 3 wire strands for his amp to speaker wire, and hit ground was hooked into his latch for his hatch, i was like fucking tard, so i gave him scrap wire i had in my garage, its better now!!! but he still drives a geo storm
    NEW RIDE 89 s10 std cab shortbed 2.5 5 speed 2WD slammed 6/5
    90 4x4 2dr, primer, 18's, 4.3, rollpan, 6/6 slam, SOLD
    The only ford i would drive is a courier!

Many years ago, a friend of mine tried installing a system in his Regal. He didnt have a long enough piece of 4 gauge from the battery to the amps, but he did have two pieces if put together would make the length.

He got a paperclip, opened it up, and stuck each end in the wire to connect the two. Viola!

When he was driving, the paper clip got so hot, it turned into molten metal which dripped on his carpet causing a fire. Luckily he was able to put it out before the car burnt to the ground.

Paper clips do not serve as 4 gauge couplers!
    this is a test of the sig

rotfl...these storys are funny, sad thing is my system isn't much better...Guess I should go out and fix all the crap I installed a year ago...

my "boss" came back into the bay today right after he clocked in. I say "boss" cuz hes the idiot that took the position I wanted to get but he knows about 2% more about how to work the computer than I do, but I know 10x what he does about car audio. Well he came back as Im taking out the radio in a 94 Lebaron. It was a hard wire so Im in there cutting wires. He walks up and goes "Your doing a radio?"
    I said "Nope Im doing the dash speakers and I can only get to them through the 2" hole at the radio, heres your sign."

He wasnt happy
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    my "boss" came back into the bay today right after he clocked in. I say "boss" cuz hes the idiot that took the position I wanted to get but he knows about 2% more about how to work the computer than I do, but I know 10x what he does about car audio. Well he came back as Im taking out the radio in a 94 Lebaron. It was a hard wire so Im in there cutting wires. He walks up and goes "Your doing a radio?"
    I said "Nope Im doing the dash speakers and I can only get to them through the 2" hole at the radio, heres your sign."

He wasnt happy
    i do more car maintainence stuff than audio stuff but i have a related story.

this morning i was doin a tranny service on a car, i had the pan off and cleaned out waitin for the gasket and filter to come in. about 20 minutes later my boss walks out with the new parts in his hands and asked me seriously, "is that taurus finished yet?" i said calmly, "think about that for one second, your standing there with the NEW gasket in your hand what do you think?" i then proceeded to take the box and finish up.
    My trucks have a few mods

This chick at work knows my mom good from my mom's friends as well as her going to the same HS her bro and I did. In the first month she was at work she basically tried to "steal" a sub from us. She bought all the stuff for her car like 2 subs, an amp, radio, and a box. One of the cashiers that rang her up didnt ring up one of the subs cuz that chick said they were buy one get one free. They were but only for customers that pay regular price and that deal ended weeks before she bought it all. We had to take the sub away from her until she bought it, she wasnt happy at all!
    Well her b/f had tried to take the radio out and broke the hazard button and tore up the area around the radio. Well my boss installed it all and everything was fine. He even noted on the work order that the area around the radio was messed up, the hazard didnt work and some scratches on the car. Well for a solid month she told everybody and their brother that we broke this and the that , the amp fell, the plastic was all messed up, etc, never telling us a thing.
    Finally one day she went to the general manager about it and said that we didnt wanna help her or fix it. He came back there asking why we wouldnt work on it and why we broke all this and what we were going to do about it. I told him that that was the first time I had heard except from other people around the store. He said to fix it blah blah blah
    I got Josh in and Josh (my boss) showed her that she signed off on the work order that the dash was messed up and the hazard was broke before we worked on it. Well she didnt want to accept that and said that he wrote that after he did it. We got the sheet out that she takes with her before we even start on the car and showed her that , then she said ok and realized she was busted!.
    We took a look at the amp. Now these amps have 4 screws that hold them in, one on each corner. The amp had fallen, but all the screws were in one spot on the backseat and you could see where the others had been before but were taken out. We could also see that the amp had been turned up and adjusted. Now on these amps they have covers so you cant see the wires and contols coming out of them so the only way to adjust them is to take the covers off. So they ripped the amp off the seat, adjusted it, didnt have the right tools to put it back on (allen keys) and blamed us for that and the screws all being in the same place. They also said that the screws were too long and if somebody sat back too hard on the seat it would stab them in the back. We laughed at that as in all the years Ive dont amps in that same place it has never happened to anybody!
    So Josh and I busted their issues on that, proved them wrong, and told them to shove it after we fixed it all. Then we went to talk to the manager about it and over the next few weeks him and I ruined her rep around the store telling people about what she did if they asked why we f***ed up her car.
    Its taken her awhile to come close to being back in our good graces. I saw her and her b/f at the Lakefront about 2 weeks after they did all that. He came up to me and said hey and extended his hand, I said hey and turned away. My friends were laughing as I told them the brief story behind why I didnt wanna talk to them. Both of them turned and walked away. He came in a few weeks later and argued with my senior sales guy till he turned and walked away telling him he wouldnt sell him a thing. He was trying to use her discount for him and his friends and we dont allow that, it could have gotten her fired.
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar
    She should have been fired to begin with...

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    She should have been fired to begin with...
    I agree and tried to argue that fact, they didnt wanna listen to me

Not as good as the others.....

This guys comes into the shop. He pulls a reciept and points to a radio in a case. So, i prepair the warrenty speech. He tells me he bought that radio 3 or 4 months ago, and he sold the truck that it was in....but b/c he couldn't get the radio out(we installed it, and were closed at that time he sold the truck) he had to let the radio go with it. With a straight face he asked me if i could give him what he pay'd for the radio. So, he could buy other one....:rofl:.. I ask if he could call the new truck owner to get the radio back, he said one problem its not in the country anymore.........Well with the best poker face i told him it didn't work that way... he got a little mad.......:rofl: I started to tear up and laugh as he walked out:rofl:
    Last edited by 03Blazin_Burn; 08-18-2004 at 09:45 PM.
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

Originally posted by 03Blazin_Burn
    Not as good as the others.....

This guys comes into the shop. He pulls a reciept and points to a radio in a case. So, i prepair the warrenty speech. He tells me he bought that radio 3 or 4 months ago, and he sold the truck that it was in....but b/c he couldn't get the radio out(we installed it, and were closed at that time he sold the truck) he had to let the radio go with it. With a straight face he asked me if i could give him what he pay'd for the radio. So, he could buy other one....:rofl:.. I ask if he could call the new truck owner to get the radio back, he said one problem its not in the country anymore.........Well with the best poker face i told him it didn't work that way... he got a little mad.......:rofl: I started to tear up and laugh as he walked out:rofl:
    I remember that one, I think I was there for that or he just left.
    TOS had some good ones while I was there. The Orion 2150 black that got so hot the fuses were melted into it and the paint around the power supply was melted off under it. The back door was open and as soon as she opened the front door the wind came in and we about gagged at the front counter. Dam girl wanted a refund on it as her bf refused install and had it hooked up running 1 ohm on 2 Orion 15s dvcs. He said he kept popping fuses and just kept going higher and higher on them till he hit 40s and I think he was the guy that called and asked for 50s, blade 50s! They werent happy with the no refund policy
    or the kid that got an Orion red 2100 on the 6 12" JLs, had us install them, build the box, do the radio,highs ,cap(s), everything. 2-3 months later he was trying to get a job at ,I think , Prestige in Metaire as an installer and wanted to use us as a refence and back him up cuz he told them he installed his whole system himself. The owner (Travis ) said no and he threatened to return it all. Travis was like "Do you want to see the receipt where your money went into my account months ago? Your not getting it back." He didnt get the job thankfully

don't u hate that when people take credit for work they didn't do???
    NEW RIDE 89 s10 std cab shortbed 2.5 5 speed 2WD slammed 6/5
    90 4x4 2dr, primer, 18's, 4.3, rollpan, 6/6 slam, SOLD
    The only ford i would drive is a courier!

Yes 94flamds10blazr theirs been more than one of those storys. Another guy came to us to hook some stuff up. He lost his job and wanted us to hire him,NO. Then he took his car over to bruce's shop ask to be hired. He was ask if he had shop time he show off our system as his own. Then told bruce he worked for us and he was doing 4 or 5 tv installs a day; and to top it off we didn't pay him for some of them. Well he didn't know we know bruce well( theirs some distance us and bruce's). Bruce called us and told us the story cause he knew it would give us a big laugh. The guy came in a short time later so my boss let him have it.

We see him in the shop from time to time.....little dumb ass
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

I did a 91' bird, aboslute POS. The guy that owned it before this owner was a real cheapass (see not buying wiring harness adapter). Instead he started cutting and rewiring (pretty much guess work on his part). Not only did this leave me with no slack at all to work with but what I found was he had wired all 4x Speaker (+) correctly then grounded the 4 (-) as if it was a load! Twisted them together into one and then wrapped that around a nearby bolt! Took 2x nights 4 hours a piece after work and all I got was a 6 pack (new job had to kiss ass).
    There are 3 types of people in the world: People that are good at math, and people that aren't...