Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the install bay

Originally posted by TooLowTooGo
    http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129009

just seen this.
    yeah that car was funny
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Slow Ride
    I saw a great one tonight. A old rusty Aerostar with a HUGE Audiobahn stick on teh back window and a 4 gauge wire running from under the hood to the door jam on the outside of the damn thing. Then I was interested to see who the brain surgeon was that installed it. I waited and saw a big fat white 30 ish bald dude with a do rag on his head and dressed in g-pimp Fubu. He looked like a real mental giant.

when i was a kid and first getting into stereos, we took a 12" kicker and built a box outta 5 gallon paint bucket. the good ol days

One of my buddies that works at a car stereo shop here in lansing (in sales) was telling me about this kid that came in complaining that his stereo didn't work worth a shit. My buddy goes out to look at his car and said to the kid "I can see your problem, your amp isn't grounded". The kid had a ground wire (old lamp cord) wrapped around a 10 mm wrench and threw it on the pavement. My buddy told me "I'll shit you not the amp turned on".

Originally posted by scrapinby
    "I'll shit you not the amp turned on".
    it was getting a ground threw the RCAs, that happens alot
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

had some drunk chick come in saying her new Dual radio was scratching her new cds and she wanted to see somebody about it. I asked her to see the cd and she flipped it over and said "look at it , no scratches! " and kinda threw it down. I picked it back up and it it had smudges all over it like a dog had been licking it! I picked it up and showed her and she flipped out on me! I calmed her down and saw what I thought was the guy that had worked on it's drill battery (he is good at leaving stuff in cars). I asked her if the guy had left it in there she said " Thats mine for that thing, DAR!! GEEZ!" I said " mama I think you need to talk to somebody else". She said " I want my ****ing money back!" and muttered "asshole" as I opened the door for her. I said " you need to go talk to them right there, Im done with you" and I was

a rant so leave now if you want

where do they find these people?

I did a mobile video system for this guy yesterday. 2 headrest with a dvd player, rf modulator, and rf headphones from Epik. This was about the 6th one we did and the 5th for me. The last one and this one both had barely audible noise in the headphones and/or radio, engine whine basically. The one I did last night , the guy tried to get me in trouble lying to the manager and I proved him wrong as his signature was on the paper , so I was right. So he comes back for the first time with the whine in the headphones that I could barely hear over the whining of the bad tranny in his Yukon, but he didnt hear that! So I move the ant wire for the headphones and he is cool with it.
    before I came in today he called for an appointment, the noise was back. Once again it takes the ears of a dog or dolphin to hear it in the hps. We moved the transmitter and ant for the headphones and it went away in them

Now heres the kicker, the engine whine on the stock radio/speakers, is around 4-6k rpms, with the dvd player on pause, and the radio maxxed out! Turn it down 2 clicks, cant hear it, play the dvd player, cant hear it, dont go above 4k, cant hear! I tried different things for an hour before it somehow went away. The last time I asked him to check it, he did 6,000 rpms, radio maxed out, dvd on pause, engine and tranny screaming for help, trying to hear it. it finally ended there, but I know he will be back

after all is said and done, he tells me he does rf equipment for the Navy so he knows what Im going through! How many of yall ride around with the radio maxed out, dvd on pause, and with the engine at up to 6k?

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    How many of yall ride around with the radio maxed out, dvd on pause, and with the engine at up to 6k?
    man i do that all the time, dont you?

well in the blazer yes, with a Yukon I wouldnt

I had one of the dumbest idiots come in the other day
    he was looking at the Epik headrests and wanted to know if they made a "conversion kit" for his car. I told him that they came made for each differnt car, color and material matched so kits werent needed.
    He then told me that his car didnt have removable headrest and wanted to know if they made a conversion kit to convert his to be removeable!
    HOLY DONKEY NUTS!
    how fucking dumb can you be? take a chainsaw to the seats and I hope you slip! get you out of the dam gene pool now so your stupidity wont spead!

I had to add this even if its been awhile
    some chick came in through the door customers are supposed to come into, I did the check in, she asked if she could leave, and I said yes. She tried the door that leads inside thats always locked. As she was trying it I was closing the main bay doors. She was asking something as I was stand next to the door so I couldnt hear her and I waitted as the door was closing and she kept trying to other door. Once the door was closed she said " I cant get out". With my quick wit and longing to joke I did my best Sean Connery and said " I have you now!". She freaked! Started yanking on the locked door ! ! It was great, but she didnt think so. I told her, "you can go out the door you came in". She calmed down and walked out all flustered, it was great

"I have you now!"

thats sooo wrong dude...lol
    DD - 2002 GMC Sierra ECLB 5.3l 2wd *330hp, 350ftlbs at the wheels*
    Toy - 2004 Pontiac GTO 1 of 323 *too much power for a purple car*
    Project(s) - Something with two wheels.

yeah but it was funny eh?

lol :bigthumb: :bigthumb: good bump!
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd