Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the install bay

I dont know anything about your shop or how much is is going to ask for, but the shop I used to work in had a fairly similiar suit against it (although without all the extra drama). A guy was carrying in a dual 15 prefab sealed box and he bumped into one of the sales people, box fell and he broke his foot. He ended up sueing the shop for like 10k, instead of dealing with the courts and bad publicity the owner ended up settling for like 7500 plus a new box to replace his POS prefab.

I pulled what has got to be one of the best tricks ever today! My manager (the one that was mentioned above) just got a new 05 Mustang and is worried about the guy (from the story above) messing with her car with 412 miles on it. Well last night that guy (from above) must have gone and gotten drunk and he slashed the tires of his ex-wife and some guy at a restuarant he got into an arguement with (actually seperate incidents) so she got worried. Well Im almost done with the car but I need to go as Im about 30 minutes late already to leave and most of the dash is all apart so I paged her to ask how much of it I could leave apart so I didnt have to restrip it all tomm. Well I got a bright idea waitting on her and grabbed this huge ass fire extinguisher(I know I just butchered that word) we have and told the guy on the floor to wave when she was coming.
    Well he waved and I started to shake it up and pretend to be hosing off the inside of her car as she opened the door. WOW, if I only had a camera to post the pic of her face. She had to go sit down , she said we almost gave her a heart attack
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

the guy that slashed the tires, sues everybody , stole from us and we arrested , was put in the hospital.
    The guys tires that he slashed called him and told him that he had a video from the H&R Block next door and he wanted his cash for his tires. The guy found him later that day and was driving behind him all aggressive, flashing his hibeams, riding his ass, honking his horn, yelling at him to pull over. Well the guy pulls over and the a-hole has something behind his back. Well the guy pulls out a tire iron and takes a swing hitting and cutting him across his shoulder. Well the guy jumps back, runs around his truck, grabs his tire iron and swings back , breaking this dicks jaw. He jumped on top of him for 2 more hits and realized he was now the aggressor and ditched the iron, then came back for a few more kicks to the ribs.
    End result, a few stitches for one, a broken jaw wired shut, possible broken ribs, charges of assault with a deadly weapon and a super bruised ego, I love it! A bystander saw it and confirmed the story so they let the first guy go and Mr A-hole goes to jail after his hospital visit!

I still want our cd back
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr

End result, a few stitches for one, a broken jaw wired shut, possible broken ribs, charges of assault with a deadly weapon and a super bruised ego, I love it! A bystander saw it and confirmed the story so they let the first guy go and Mr A-hole goes to jail after his hospital visit!

Keep us posted on this. I want to know if the Family DA gets him out of this one.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Originally posted by dbornotdb
    Keep us posted on this. I want to know if the Family DA gets him out of this one.
    Really, to bad we have to spend money to defend him.

Originally posted by bigjsp
    Really, to bad we have to spend money to defend him.
    its not that, his family is the DA

its not that, his family is the DA
    wonder if the judge is already bought?

the car I did today
    so no pics, I'll try to describe it good
    88ish Caprice with a metallic burnt orange paint job on 24s with coil spring "helpers" to lift it so the rims will fit. They didnt even try to paint the jams or behind the mirrors, all that was still shit brown
    Memphis 1000d running 4 12" Kicker cvrs
    huge ass 4 channel Power Acoustic running 4 Pioneer 4-way 6x9s in the rear deck.
    heres the "kicker"
    a Kicker 800.4 running 4 marine 6x9s behind the gas tank in boxes coated with, Im guessing , bedliner stuff to waterproof them. He also had 2 more in boxes under the front bumper and 2 5 1/4 marines to the outsides of the bumper and another pair infront of the rear axle all in coated boxes! He had a seperate switch to turn that amps remote on with another switch next to it for an orange underbody kit. Gangsta bitch!

heres the "kicker"
    a Kicker 800.4 running 4 marine 6x9s behind the gas tank in boxes coated with, Im guessing , bedliner stuff to waterproof them. He also had 2 more in boxes under the front bumper and 2 5 1/4 marines to the outsides of the bumper and another pair infront of the rear axle all in coated boxes! He had a seperate switch to turn that amps remote on with another switch next to it for an orange underbody kit. Gangsta bitch!
    I was considering doing marine speakers and a seperate switch on the amp remote also, but I have run out of channels on my amps.

I like it.

dont John, you'll lose all my respect

dont John, you'll lose all my respect

So you respect me now!.... how about in the morning? J/K

I had considered trying to build an spl vehicle way back in the 80's when a vehicle only needed to get loud NOT build actual PSI's of cabin pressure. This included mounting factory 6x9 speakers every where ----- floor boards, doors, roof, firewall. using the interior as the box. I figure it would have been loud as hell outside the truck too.

I would have had a factory 8 track head unit too.---- bitchin!

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    Not a Tale from the Install Bay, but along the lines of this last thing including speakers outside the car.

Kinda embarressed............

Back when Beavis and ButtHead were real big, I got a fake TV remote control from Spencers that when buttons were pushed, quotes from those tards played through a small speaker on he back of the remote.

So in my infinite wisdom, I took the remote apart, extended the wires from the thing and wired it to the speaker inputs of an old ass amp. Then wired the speaker outputs to a 6 x 9 I hid behind my grill.

Pushed a quote button and it played loudly outside the car. Was good for a few laughs.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

I had a CB radio with an external speaker.

I also had one of those whizzer whistles that you could make siren sound with.

I still think your beavis and butthead was hilarious. They need to make a comeback.

Originally posted by dbornotdb
    Back when Beavis and ButtHead were real big, I got a fake TV remote control from Spencers that when buttons were pushed, quotes from those tards played through a small speaker on he back of the remote.

So in my infinite wisdom, I took the remote apart, extended the wires from the thing and wired it to the speaker inputs of an old ass amp. Then wired the speaker outputs to a 6 x 9 I hid behind my grill.
    I have one of those alarm add-ons where you can talk into a mic a it records your voice for later alarm playback. I had B & B on it right after I installed it. First day I had it some old lady tripped the perimeter sensor and it yelled " get your butt munch ass away from my car", she almost had a heart attack

Originally posted by bigjsp
    I had considered trying to build an spl vehicle way back in the 80's when a vehicle only needed to get loud NOT build actual PSI's of cabin pressure. This included mounting factory 6x9 speakers every where ----- floor boards, doors, roof, firewall. using the interior as the box. I figure it would have been loud as hell outside the truck too.
    dont know if u ever seen this or not but since u brought this up i thought ud like to see it:bigthumb:

http://realmofexcursion.com/brands/various.htm#top

first video
    169.2 dB with a wall of 6x9's