Thread: please explain......

please explain......

i am ready to drop my jimmy..it's a '95 2-door. i want it dropped 2" in rear, and 1.5" in front. i'm pretty sure i can figure out how to do the blocks, but i need help with adjusting the torsion bars up front. can some1 please give a full step by step plan to go by..like where do i need to place the floorjacks while i am doing it? do i even need floorjacks?? after the front drops down do i tighten the bolts back up of do they stay loosened?? please help.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    all you have to do is loosen the bolts and thats it....when you tighten them they raise your truck...when you loosen they lower it. Remember that the left bolt lowers the right side of the truck and the right bolt lowers the left side.
    Good Bye Blazer

I hate to correct you trigga, but the left bolt drops the left and right drops right.
    To keep you alignment correct you should count the turns as you screw out the bolts. I would start with 10 turns for each side and see if that gives you how much that drops it. It will probably take 20-25, that's just a guess.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    damn really? that shit looked like they lowered the opposite sides to me when I did it. Alright sorry about that. Now I know.
    Good Bye Blazer

so thats it? i don't need to use a floorjack to hold anything up while i do it or anything like that?

Nope, that's it. Now if your cranking them up, it's easier to do if the wheel is just hanging.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!