Thread: bag/nitrogen question

bag/nitrogen question

tired of hearing my compressors hum!!!! so till i get an engine driven , im think of runnin nitrogen!! any body ever did this or know any one who has!!! what are the pros and cons of it!!! i know one good thing about it no hummmmmmmmm, or waiting for my 12 gallon tank to fill just hit the switch and go !!! any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    anything worth having is, anything worth workin hard for!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you want to know?
    you should still have a compressor for when you run out of nitro you'll need to rent a tank from a welding supply place buy a regulator, and get the bottle filled every week or so depending on how much you use it also alot of people say you need to run high pressure valves
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

Originally posted by packofqtips
    what do you want to know?
    you should still have a compressor for when you run out of nitro you'll need to rent a tank from a welding supply place buy a regulator, and get the bottle filled every week or so depending on how much you use it also alot of people say you need to run high pressure valves
    what he said. cept the high pressure valves are only needed if you are, yup, running high pressure. lol. you could run nitro and regulate it down to like 150 or 200, and run basically any valve on the market. i run about 220 to my 3/8 and 1/2 smc's daily.

yea i plan on runnin about 180psi from the nitro bottle to a 12 gallon tank when i get it so i can keep my smc's
    2009 ford fusion

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    The pros are well, you can get any pressure you want. You will be able to hop and no compressor noise

The cons. well You only buy a compressor once but you w illl go through nitrogen fast and have to have it refilled. You will need to know of a close place to refill it also. And you have to find room for the big ole bottle that in my opinion are uglylooking. Also you will need a good regulator too.

What would blow out if you ran, say, 240psi on regular valves.. Would the lines blow first because of the backpressure (since the air/nitro couldnt get thru the line?) or would the valve blow from to much PSI inside the valve?
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    No s/t your vavles will start sticking or leaking. Most electric vavles are diaphram and use backpressure to seal them. They send current in and the diaphram opens. But if you have some rediculous pressure in your tank, they wont be able to open and will just screw up/start leaking. I cant remember what my half inch line is rated too. But its way more than a system will ever see. So far ive heard that the GC vavles or the higher rated ones are good for high psi

regular DOT airline is rated at 150psi. i've had mine holding close to 300 a few times, and it's been fine.

i don't think anything would really blow up runnin 240, depending on the valve, it might lock up, but that's simply fixed. bleed some pressure out of the tanks and turn down the regulator.

btw, i've hit switches at 250-260psi on my smc's, didn't lock up once :D

depends on what your fittings are rated what your bags are rated and stuff i believe the problem with the valve is once you open it with that much pressure behind it it wont close

sp if you had all p-t-c fittings rated to 300p.s.i and 300 p.s.i bags and good d.o.t approved airline the worst that would happen is both up and down valves get stuck open and your tank runs down till about 150psi
    2009 ford fusion

my smc's get stuck when i have close to 150 in my tank on really hot days but im also not runnin a dump line which i think would fix that problem
    2009 ford fusion

Originally posted by packofqtips
    my smc's get stuck when i have close to 150 in my tank on really hot days but im also not runnin a dump line which i think would fix that problem
    i don't have anything on my dumps either.

most of my fittings are DOT compression, i have 2 DOT PTC's, about to add a few more ptc's this weekend.

firestone 255c up front, airlift 2b7 180psi out back