Thread: valve direction and check valve

damn low dragging 4x4

valve direction and check valve

just wondering if i have the direction of the valves right? the left valve will be the one to fill and the right will be the one to dump. Also how important is the check valve and is it necessary? where can i get one? does it have to go after the pressure switch?
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

damn low dragging 4x4
    it tells me the pic is to big...anyways what direction should the arrow point to fill the bags and what direction to dump?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)

The arrow shows the air flow direction. The fill valve should have the arrow towards the bag, the dump away from the bag. A check valve is very important so that you dont burn your compressor out. Put the check valve right after the compressor.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Yes slimjimmy is right but some comps. I know viars do come with a check vavle already installed in the leader hose

damn low dragging 4x4
    ok so i have the 2 valves connected to a t fitting that the line from the tank also connects to. the valves will be connected to a 3 way momentary contact switch. but when i hit to dump it what opens the fill valve to allow the air from the bags to be released into the dump valve? also what prevents the air from my tank from being emptied when the dump valve is opened?

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by JKBLAZIN
    but when i hit to dump it what opens the fill valve to allow the air from the bags to be released into the dump valve? also what prevents the air from my tank from being emptied when the dump valve is opened?
    see if i cant answer them where you can understand

you fill valve goes infront of the dump valve like nova's picture, when you open the dump valve, if done correctly it will take all the air from the bag an the line out. so when your emptying the air out, the dump valve is behind the fill valve so the fill valve is closed.

when you hit the dump valve, remember its behind the fill valve so the fill valve is closed, the air to your tank is locked off. when you hit the dump valve all the pressure in the lines an bags shoot out the dump valve causing the truck to air down

hope that helps

:bigthumb:

damn low dragging 4x4
    hey thanks for all the help. ya i figured out things wrong i had the liine from the tank and the line to the bags backwards. oh well at least its fixed and soon i will post the pics of the front bags on a 4x4.