Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Rear Bag Bracket HELP!

  1. #1
    What? MiniBlazin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    152

    Rear Bag Bracket HELP!

    OK my rear of my truck is torn apart and monoleafed with 4inch blocks and i have just finished putting in the suicide doors blazer notch and i am having MASSIVE trouble on where to mount my upper bag brackets there is a crossmember the runs infront of the gas tank and i was thinking bout using that but i dont know exactly how too and on the side rails there is a body mount and thats a problem too......any help would be greatly appriciated. . .
    ________
    Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by MiniBlazin; 03-06-2011 at 11:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    baton rouge, la
    Posts
    6,558
    What place are you trying to put the bags. The only real place without hacking everything to shit is were you stock shocks mount. Weld a circle plate to where you upper shock mount is and then weld on a behind the axle bracket to the axle. Its basically the same way they do it on the IAS blazer 4 link.

  3. #3
    Registered User Blazin Low N KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    guess, come on guess.....
    Posts
    601
    Originally posted by supernova
    IAS blazer 4 link.
    What is this?
    Originally posted by Blaz90
    Very nice! I whipped that shit out at the office and they was like woooo!
    Props,
    J
    Kansas City S-series

    [Size=Large] 4 Door Love[/Size]

  4. #4
    Registered User Tyus4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    769
    Originally posted by Blazin Low N KC
    What is this?
    It's the only blazer specific 4 link on the market...Its for a 1st gen 2 door blazer....Its made by Innovative Air Suspension...

    http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    No More 4 DOOR LOVE

  5. #5
    Registered User Blazin Low N KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    guess, come on guess.....
    Posts
    601
    Will it not work for a 4door? Sounds like youd know since youve pretty much got the same ride i do.
    Originally posted by Blaz90
    Very nice! I whipped that shit out at the office and they was like woooo!
    Props,
    J
    Kansas City S-series

    [Size=Large] 4 Door Love[/Size]

  6. #6
    Registered User Tyus4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    769
    Originally posted by Blazin Low N KC
    Will it not work for a 4door? Sounds like youd know since youve pretty much got the same ride i do.
    the upper bars are too short...so Larry was nice enuff to send mine uncut and longer so we cut them to size so they would work and lower bars are just fine
    No More 4 DOOR LOVE

  7. #7
    Registered User Blazin Low N KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    guess, come on guess.....
    Posts
    601
    Sweet, do you think he would do that for mine as well? Prices look pretty decent as well. Ive already got 2b7's think they would work or should i go with the f9000's like in the pic?
    Last edited by Blazin Low N KC; 07-19-2004 at 10:21 PM.
    Originally posted by Blaz90
    Very nice! I whipped that shit out at the office and they was like woooo!
    Props,
    J
    Kansas City S-series

    [Size=Large] 4 Door Love[/Size]

  8. #8
    streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington
    Posts
    1,968
    If you're going over the axle, I'd deffinately go with the F9000, you'll get more lift and a way better ride.

    And in reference to putting the bag behind the axle, where the shocks were...the only bag you'll fit back there comfortably is the F9000. There's really not a whole lot of room back there to work with. Even with the smaller diameter of the F9000, you'll need to clearance the frame a bit.
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

    For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

  9. #9
    Registered User Tyus4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    769
    Originally posted by Blazin Low N KC
    Sweet, do you think he would do that for mine as well? Prices look pretty decent as well. Ive already got 2b7's think they would work or should i go with the f9000's like in the pic?
    Originally posted by low_blazer
    If you're going over the axle, I'd deffinately go with the F9000, you'll get more lift and a way better ride.

    And in reference to putting the bag behind the axle, where the shocks were...the only bag you'll fit back there comfortably is the F9000. There's really not a whole lot of room back there to work with. Even with the smaller diameter of the F9000, you'll need to clearance the frame a bit.
    wut he said
    No More 4 DOOR LOVE

  10. #10
    Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    baton rouge, la
    Posts
    6,558
    Thanks for filling in the info low_blazer. You are possible the most helpful person ever lol You always just pop up when i even mention the IAS four link, but i mention it alot lol,

  11. #11
    streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Poulsbo, Washington
    Posts
    1,968
    lmao...thanks. I'm one of the few guys that actually has alot of first hand experience with the kit, so I cant help but chime in...

    and you do mention it alot:p:
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

    For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

  12. #12
    Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    baton rouge, la
    Posts
    6,558
    I mention it b/c i want one lol.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    343
    Originally posted by supernova
    I mention it b/c i want one lol.
    And I greatly appreciate you mentioning it. So... when you are ready to buy one, there just may be a nice deal on one waiting for you ;)
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    343
    Originally posted by Blazin Low N KC
    Sweet, do you think he would do that for mine as well?
    Sure would. I would also recommend the F9000's. They work sooooo nice.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •