Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valves at tank vs near the bags....is the difference in speed THAT noticable?

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar

Valves at tank vs near the bags....is the difference in speed THAT noticable?

I mean seriously. Were not talking about a great distance here.

It would be nice if someone could offer up some numbers as to how fast the air is moving at the normal PSI of a bag system so we could crunch numbers and find the exact difference in speed on a basic system.

I know things like line size, valve flow rate and all that come into play...

But, I don't think the difference would be that noticable, if at all.

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    It should be a huge difference, i think. Because every time you pump up a bag with the valves at the tank, you not only have to fill the bag, but also all of that airline with pressure, it will draing your tank much faster. If the valves are closer to the bags, then noy only do you only need to fill the bag when you fill, but also all of that airline can act as an extention of the tank, because everything between the tank and the valve will be full of as much air as the tank.

if you put the valves closer to the bags youll have slightly more tank volume, faster rise and fall times, and less time between compressor pumps as your not having to fill the lines when you go up and empty them when you go down
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

See thats the point Im trying to make...

Say you have your valves at the tank.

Your line from the bag to the valves is full of pressurized air.

When you dump the valve, you're not having to empty both the air in the line and the air in valve. When you dump, its going to immediately allow the bag to deflate because when air leaves the line first, it's immediatly replaced by the air that was in the bag.

Same with fill only vice versa.

My MySpace Page

ride the spiral SoulsAflame4135's Avatar
    Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    See thats the point Im trying to make...

Say you have your valves at the tank.

Your line from the bag to the valves is full of pressurized air.

When you dump the valve, you're not having to empty both the air in the line and the air in valve. When you dump, its going to immediately allow the bag to deflate because when air leaves the line first, it's immediatly replaced by the air that was in the bag.

Same with fill only vice versa.
    Yep, plus it makes your install look cleaner

So, there shouldn't be that noticable of a difference...if at all.

My MySpace Page

Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    So, there shouldn't be that noticable of a difference...if at all.
    i originally had my front valves on my tank. i then moved them under the cab, approximately 3-4 feet from the bag. i didn't notice any difference in speed, but the install looked a hellova lot cleaner, and since i redid my air setup this spring, it looks even better.

I could see the close-to-the-tank giving a better ride, slighty. You do have more air there so somewhat of a tank for softer ride, not much
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

jacksonville,Palm Coast, Daytona,Orlando, florida
    at a show this guy had a regular 5 gallon tank an had the valve on it but just the rear what he did for the front was have the line come up to two 3 gallon tanksan the valve on that.it was extremely fast.in my experience the differnece is minimal, the biggest differnce i had was going from a 4 port tank to a 8 port tank,know there is a huge differnce in speed ,i dont know why any one would go with less ports
    aim*DRAGGINHARDCORE

bagged an dragged

some clips of me draggin
    http://www.hornblasters.com/vide.php?pic=19
    HARDCOREMINIS.net
    pics of my blazer an other stuff
    community.webshots.com/user/thumperc25
    http://www.cardomain.com/profile/thumperc25
    4 door love

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Yea its not going to make much of a difference is speed. Itj ust looks nicer especially in blazers since our tanks are inside. IMO it looks too busy with all your vavles and wires running every which way in your cargo area. Mine are mounted on the outside of my frame under the doors so even if i do get stuck aired out i can still work on them

i have 5/8" line and 1/2" valves up front and when i air it up at 150 in my tank, it gets up real fast, and thats with the valves mounted at the tank, its does look pretty congested at the tanks though with all 8 valves mounted off them, and when i dump, the front gets down right away, just like it does going up, i use to have my valves mounted 2 feet away from my bags, but it was smaller line and valves, so i can't give a comparison, i can hop though with some heavy wheels and the 4.3L

bret
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Slammedblazer on this site hops his v8 with half inch gc's and and 5/8s line, and his vavles are mounted on the tank. But it just takes up so much damn room is my thing

slammedblazer??? you talking about the guy with the pic of the grey or silver blazer with like 17's i think in his avaitor??? if so i thought that he had his mounted near his bags, i thought thats what he said in a post about hopping i believe.

bret
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

it does make a difference in speed, AND the type of fittings you use also make a difference, the more elbows vs straights you use the slower it'll get, and if you use barbs instead of compression or prestolocks it'll make a difference. simply put if you do everything right vs everything wrong, you'll notice :D

my front valves are right under my door outside my frame also. 8 1/2" blitz's, 1/2" line, 180psi, 18 gallons. first hit on the pancake up the front comes off the ground about an inch and the back flies up, and is CLOSE to hoppin, but does. remember, this is first hit all 4 corners on HEAVY wheels (20/22s).

i can get the front up 3-4" if i only hit the front and keep at it. once i get my nitrogen in and run 300psi we'll see what happens.. muauahahaha... got 2 tanks sittin in my garage.
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you

so much for bass anymore huh?

haha

My MySpace Page