Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bell tech

nice start. what size tires you running on those rims?
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

275/40/17
    I have MSN Messenger at ja.mcdonald

Well I ordered the shocks and bump stops today from streatbeat 196 shipped, I got Belltech Nitros and belltech bumpstops

front shock 7203
    rear shock i used blocks 7542/ blocks with leafs/7503

I should have these by wednesday I hope and will install thursday. I will post pictures later.

All right guys, my buddy with the nice ass garage and the lift flaked out on me. I am doing the key install outta my own garage and turning the damn wrenched by hand!

I started on the drivers side and pulled all the gear off and the torsion bar came out no problem. Getting the new key in was a little pain in the ass, but I managed. Tomorrow I will do the other said and post pics...............Oh I fixed my wheel problem, the axle end have to sawed off about 1/2" with a hack saw or cut off wheel. I am going the hard way hack saw, it also wont produce as much heat as a cut off wheel

See you tomorrow

here you go guys!!!!!!

I am working on taking the install pictures to make them look better.........

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    that looks awesome. Would look better with some bigger rims or something to fill the gap a little bit. But looks kick ass. Hows the awd handling with it lowered now.

seems ok so far, it wants to follow any rut in the road with the 9.5 wide tires

that is nice, what do you mean follow any rut and hows your turning radius?
    My trucks have a few mods

So what's the total drop the kit gave you? And how does it handle compared to the stock ride?

livin the lowlife
    sweet ass :bigthumb:
    94 S-10 Bodydropped,Shaved and some other things with ALOT to come.
    95 Jimmy 4x4 POS
    99 Blazer 2wd, daily with a couple mods.

I like it! I showed my wife the change and she didn't think it was the same vehicle! I hope my transformation is as smooth as yours!
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

Banned
    seems ok so far, it wants to follow any rut in the road with the 9.5 wide tires
    It pulls to either side of the road when the road has low or high spots in them because of the stiffer low profile tires.

2kBravada, looks really good!

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

thanks for the props guys, It handles great, I have the stock shocks in the rear, because the rear shocks I ordered where not in stock. I will pick those up later. The back doesnt bounce to much, but I think it will be better with the new rear shocks. I also need to make sure the brake lines dont hit the frame. I am still finalizing the install pictures and narrative. I will also post the drop amounts later today

Oh yea, I installed the gmc grille the other day, that miht be why its looks so different.

thank, Jason

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    lookin good:bigthumb:
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

Installing 98-up Torsion Keys

I am sure this would be the same for the lowers years also, but I have never seen there components before......These are the bell tech part# 3922. I also used the 7203 belltech nitro shocks up front and the #4900 rectangle bumpstops.

Raise the front end of the vehicle and place jackstands under the front frame rails.
    -Start on either side-
    Pull the cotter pin from the steering tie rod and loosen the nut a few turns. strike the part of the spindle that holds the tie rod. It should come loose after a few hits. Move it out of the way, it should hang clear of everything.
    loosen the two nuts holding the brake lines to the upper control arm.
    loosen the bolt and remove the sway bar bushing out of the lower control arm.
    Remove the lower shock absorber bolt and nut (if you not changing the shocks you do not have to remove it completely)
    place a jack under the control arm and raise it up some to releave pressure on the upper control arm. Remove the upper control arm cotter pin, loosen the nut a few turns and strike the spindle where the upper control arm balljoint connects. It should come loose after a few hits.

After you have removed the balljoint from the spindle lower the jack holding the lower control, but do not lower it all the way.
    Go under the truck to where the torsion key is located and loosend the bolt holding the torsion key. The bolt should come all the way out. Also remove the metal bracket the bolt threads in to. If there is not enough room to take the small bracket out lower the jack a little more.

Spray wd-40 or alike on the torsion bar where it meets the torsion key and the control arm. With a little muscle the bar should slide out and the key should fall. Here is a shot of the stock key and the bell tech key

Place the new key up in the slot and slide the bar back in to it. Some times you have to play with the height of the control are to get the key in right. I used wd-40 on the new key to help the bar slide in.
    After the key is in, put the control arms back together using the jack to life the lower arm to the upper. Make sure to connect back everything including the brake lines to the upper control arms.
    After you have done both side besure to install the torsion bolts evenly on both sides. I found that putting the bolts back in the stock location made the truck drop to much. Mine are tighened up all the way to the small metal bracked that the bolt threads to. here are my results.

I didnt show the block install because they are too easy........
    email if you have any questions and besure to get an alignment
    ja.mcdonald@verizon.net