Thread: |help| IAS AirOverLeaf System

thadlinkwent's biotch

|help| IAS AirOverLeaf System

Hey umm... ive never had an s10 or a blazer, but i enjoy reading all the information and i do have an 87 full size c10... but anyways... i want a simple air ride setup... front back... no frame laying just air ride and pretty low.... lower then i am now... maybe 3inches or so.... can someone please check out the IAS AirOverLeaf setup pleas? I think it'll work fine and all.. since I dont plan to lay frame. Setup a two-link and be done with the rear. Some help pleasE? I know an AirOverLeaf setup isnt the greatest in the world but it does work and is afordable.

Thanks... also... any idea what weight package ill need?

thadlinkwent's biotch
    bump...

somebody knows what these are... can someone give me a little advice or oppinion on it?

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    An air over leaf isnt the best thing but it will get the job done. I cant say ive ever seen one of a fullsize though. To make those work you remove some leafs in the leaf spring. For a fullsize i would try to leave a few, and then the air bag is just kinda for it to lift back up. Its pretty premitive and i cant say if its a good idea or not. I know monoleafs on s10s are far from the greatest thing. Also you could 2-link it but i dont even feel like going into that or starting the argument.

Check out kpcomponents they make a bolt on four link for your truck and if you just dont put in a notch it will get you low but nothing drastic and it will ride alot better. Also air ride makes alot of things for your truck also, there side is www.ridetech.com

just for your own bag info check out www.bagginit.com

thadlinkwent's biotch
    I was told the same thing from someone else to simply two-link it. It will make it a bit more secure and make the airoverleaf system work okay. Im not looking to drag the rear just lower it quit a bit... but the front will lay crossmember.... also... the two-link will only secure the rear end, correct? ... from what I know that two-link will sturdy up the rear... what else will that two-link be helping?

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Uh two links dont help much. Me personally, i wouldnt suggest you putting one on your truck, as cheap and easy as you can get a good quailty four link for your truck i would go with it. Theres a billion reasons to go into about two links and four links, i believe there is a sticky at the top of tihs forum with some info on it, so i would suggest reading it. And for some more good info check out www.bagginit.com and read through there info its all very good. But if you insist on a two link you will also need a locating device for the rear end, such as a panhard bar or watts link or something similair