Thread: main bearings

main bearings

I'm got started on changing my mains today. got the engine pulled this afternoon and got the bearings out. my question is the arrows on the caps, i think they point to the front right. thats the way i have them back together but i just wanted to make sure before I torque them down and find out i have them in the wrong way with a spun bearing. anyways all seems to be going well hopefully back blazin tomorrow. thx in advance
    Jay

There's only one way to describe your current state of mind, heart and attitude: You're a loose cannon.

don't they have little notch guides?
    My trucks have a few mods

yeah there should be notches on the ends if so then they can only go one way and look right.

the arrows on the main caps point to fronmt fron the engine. make sure the main caps go back in the same spot they were take off of.

ya i got them all in the same spots and there is notches on the bearings and caps i got all that i just wanted to know what way the cap goes on i gigured the arrow goes to the front but wasnt totaly sure. but now i know thx
    Jay

There's only one way to describe your current state of mind, heart and attitude: You're a loose cannon.

I've seen a couple blocks that have had one,two or even all the Arrows pointing to the rear. I'm guessing thats because they've been align honed and the machine shop got the caps on backwards before they did the machining.
    Just make sure the bearing locks are together and you'll be fine.

one other thing. for the feed line for my oil pressure guage, do i have to put in into the block on the top near the distrubuter or can i put it down in the hole right above my oil filter?
    Jay

i have seen it done both ways. so it is up to you.

10 oclock here and i juse to make it t got it finnished. hope its all good to work in the morning and havent really tested it. ohh well lol
    Jay