Thread: good/bad price for kit?

good/bad price for kit?

I dont know much about kits but this guy is about 5 min from my house.

Is this a good set up? the price? is there any questions I should ask?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33586

or maybe this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33586
    Last edited by Crucified; 07-28-2004 at 01:39 AM.

both look like really good kits

personally.. i think you should call up jason at suicidedoors.com and tell him you want a kit and see what he can do for you.. those prices seem a little high for what they are..

http://suicidedoors.com/products/air_mgmt_kits.htm

his prices are a lot better and hes a super kool guy to deal with he will NOT screw you over
    Last edited by slow 89; 07-28-2004 at 03:32 PM.
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Those seem like decent kits and are a little steep but not really to bad. But like slow said, if you have that cash check out suicidedoors. WHen you order that serious of a purchase he usually will hook you up. Ill pretty much keep all future air suspension orders with him or larry at IAS. But if you are dead set on those kits they seem fine, but the seller on the other hand is another question. Also sd has awesome customer service if you have ANY problems with anything he sells he will usually replace it with no problems

Thanks guys...I just want to do this right.

This is my wifes primary ride so I want to keep it reliable.

Another question I have is this...How complicated to operate are the switches? I was thinking also about the E-pro system from air ride but thats a bit high in price.

I am happy with my 5/5 drop but she is thrashing the front spoiler and bottoming out constantly and I need to put an end to that. If the bags aren't REALLY easy to operate she will probably cause damage if its possible to do. Not on purpose but with her MS (multiple sclerosis) she sometimes has cordination problems with her hands.

Let me know what you think...How would you set up the blazer for a simple and reliable air system.

I dont need it to lay frame...just to sit nice, low and have adjustable height. (I cant drive a blazer that sits high enough for her to drive without concern.)

you can just do a F/B kit and have 2 3-way switches to go up and down. Simple and not complicated at all. Cheaper too

Originally posted by s10blaza
    you can just do a F/B kit and have 2 3-way switches to go up and down. Simple and not complicated at all. Cheaper too
    Can you tell me more?

What do I need for this set up?
    How much would it cost?

Originally posted by 04XT
    Can you tell me more?

What do I need for this set up?
    How much would it cost?
    the biggest difference between FB and FBSS is the wiring. either way, i would still run 8 valves.

not necessarily, you can use 4 valves. a dump and a fill, tee-d to fill/dump both bags at the same time, and two more for the rear.

Originally posted by s10blaza
    not necessarily, you can use 4 valves. a dump and a fill, tee-d to fill/dump both bags at the same time, and two more for the rear.
    i know, i was simply stating my personal opinion:)

Originally posted by y2k xtreme
    the biggest difference between FB and FBSS is the wiring. either way, i would still run 8 valves.
    Thats incorrect for the most part. FB system has 4 valves, front and back each sharing a set of fill and dumps.

FBSS has 2 valves per wheel for independant control for 8 total. I couldnt imagine somebody spending the money for 8 valves and the time to plumb them and wiring them up shared like that.
    this is a test of the sig

Originally posted by Blazin Low
    Thats incorrect for the most part. FB system has 4 valves, front and back each sharing a set of fill and dumps.

FBSS has 2 valves per wheel for independant control for 8 total. I couldnt imagine somebody spending the money for 8 valves and the time to plumb them and wiring them up shared like that.
    by using 8 valves, you eliminate air transfer that would occur if you simply tee'd the two bags to one set of valves.

FB system does NOT mean 4 valves. you could have 16 valves, and a FB system.

as i said before, the biggest difference is in how it's wired.

Originally posted by Blazin Low

Actually what both of u said is correct. MOST F/B systems are 4 valves, but u can use 8 valves to correct the air transfer between the bags...

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    that is way over priced, it doesn't come with brackets ethier..they are in the picture but not listed in what the kit includes.
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Best bet for controlling up and down. IS gettings smaller vavles get some 3/8 valves and 3/8 line. Or if you are super concerned and arent wanting your bags to hop or do anything besides hold your truck up. Then jason (suicide doors) now sells 1/4 inch vavles. That way it would be very controlable