Thread: info on how to do a v8 swap and links to info like Virtual Engine Calculator and more

Hybrid View

info on how to do a v8 swap and links to info like Virtual Engine Calculator and more

i thank this could help a lot of people out its a Virtual Engine Calculator that you can down load for something free its nice
    will help you Quickly Calculate...
    Displacement
    Compression Ratio
    Compression Height
    Gearing, MPH
    Piston Speed
    Horsepower
    Horsepower from Head Flow
    RPM
    ET from Power
    Power from MPH
    Intake CFM
    Injector Sizing
    Loan Payments
    Unit Conversions
    to down load go here
    http://www.virtualengine2000.com/Calculator.htm

for you all that want to build a great motor but dont know what block you have picked up for 20.00 or dont know waht will fit or not well here is a good site that will help you out
    here you will find

GM/PERFORMANCE PARTS
    V-8 CRATE MOTORS FOR SALE
    HOLLEY CARB INFORMATION
    HOLLEY TUNING TIPS
    CHEVY V-8 CASTING NUMBER LOCATIONS
    CHEVY V-8 BORE AND STROKE LIST
    CHEVY V-8 CASTING NUMBERS
    CHEVY V-8 CRANKSHAFT JOURNAL SIZES
    CHEVY V-8 NOTES
    HOT LINKS
    for the info go here

http://www.mortec.com

ok say your doing a v8 swap in your s10 well here is waht you need to start out with
    the motor and trans you picked out if your going to build up a crazy motor i would go with a chavy 350 small block but if your just looking to get a little more hp for your s10 a 305 or a 350 would be great

as far as a trasnmission the 700r4 and the 350 turbo are good for the swap

as far as motor mounts,headers,transmission mounts you can find them at
    http://www.summitracing.com
    and www.jegs.com

i know i left stuff out but ill add more time goes by and ill make up a good hp v8 swap with lots of pics when i do my swap

if you got a ? that i did not talk about or just want a little more info about something post it here or email me at jeffcauley69@hotmail.com ill do my best to help you jeff
    Last edited by ZZ4Blazer; 11-20-2004 at 01:57 AM.

this question may be a sin among everyone lol but how much harder would my blazer be on gas with a 350 instead of the 2.8 i have and how much hp could i get out of just a 2.8 rebuild any help would be great and sorry wasnt sure where i should post this
    low for life

Quote Originally Posted by loud&low View Post
    this question may be a sin among everyone lol but how much harder would my blazer be on gas with a 350 instead of the 2.8 i have and how much hp could i get out of just a 2.8 rebuild any help would be great and sorry wasnt sure where i should post this
    i got shit gas with my 2.8L, think it was like 12mpg

more than doubled my HP with the V8 swap and about the same on MPG getting 18-20mpg with leaking injectors

you can cam your 2.8, get the heads ported and polished, get some headders, find some other things to waste your money on with the 2.8L and maybe get 160hp out it

or spend the same or less money and swap in a stock 350 with more HP and TQ

just my $0.02
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

I got problem on my car about cooling.

When you make engine modifications for more power, power-robbing heat increases—keeping cool is the key to maximum performance! Summit Racing has everything you need to offset that extra heat, including high performance radiators and oil coolers, electric fans, high-flow electric water pumps, and thermostats. We also have radiators and coolers for everything from stock replacements to street rods and other custom applications, plus flex fans, wiring kits, and radiator caps. If your heater or air conditioner has seen better days (or if your vehicle never had one!), we can help you out with heater cores, air conditioners, and HVAC ducts, too.

Finally from above information I read, keep my mind peace at all. Because I always had problem on this...when everything it goes this way. I just call the manufacturing and the technician. Sometimes I could not understand...what's going on my car when the cooler could not run unto it.:boink:

i get better MPG with my cammed 5.7L than i did with my old 4.3L

26-28 with the 5.7L and about 18-20 with the stock 4.3L