Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FInished my gauge swap.

Originally posted by CBZED101
    I got a $34 sunpro tach from autozone, its like a 2 5/8" tach I belive. Installation was simple, Sunpro included these nifty little clamps that make your install super easy, no splicing or cutting any wires, just place both wires into the clamp, and with a pair of plyers squeeze, and lock the clamp, and viola, and it looks professional.
    I might have to go buy one from my local autozone. Sounds like a sweet buy.

Originally posted by Stir-Fry
    I might have to go buy one from my local autozone. Sounds like a sweet buy.
    it is, but be prepared to have to drill some holes to run a few wires though, but other then that its simple. I can even tell you which wires to hook what up to. :D

I do beleive this might be one of the things that I might actually have a shot at doing. If I cant get it done, I'd probably have to be pretty stupid, huh? Hehe. As long as its relatively simple, I can get this done. Ill keep your name in mind If i come across any problems.... but thats providing Im actually going to get this soon.

Its not super simple, but its not hard. YOu have to drill 2 holes in the fire wall, 1 for a ground, and 1 for the wire to connect to the ignition coil wire. Then you wire another wire to the fuse box, and another wire to one of the wires on the back of the head-light switch.

Thanks for the info. I think that will come in handy, when sending this to my dad for "clearance" (He wont let me start doing anything to MY blazer, unless he clears it first.) But yea, Thanks a ton.

I wish I knew you were looking, I have my old ones sitting around somewhere I took out with the 110 speedo
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    I wish I knew you were looking, I have my old ones sitting around somewhere I took out with the 110 speedo
    Thats cool, I wasn't really looking, I was just at the PNP, and someone had already removed it from the blaze, and it was sitting on the seat, so i snatched it up, took it up, and bought it. Pretty lucky deal IMO. :bigthumb:

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    Are you saying you have a 110 mph cluster?

If you just switched them out, isnt your speedometer off now?

Im not quite the car enthusiaist as most of you, But bare with me, Im learning :P
    The speedometer works off of electrical impulses. 2000 pulses per mile to be exact. If it were a ford, the number would be 4000. If he had a cable, it would still be turning the same number of times per mile and the rate at 500 mph would still be the same no matter what dash he installed. No room for error, the dash is accurate if the guage isn't messed up.

I was meaning that the actual piece that he replaced might not have been accurate. I know that simply changing that out, wont make the speedometer inaccurate. MAybe the speed marks on the display of the speedo arent the same as the old one.

Whoa... bad explanation. Im not good at that.

I was meaning that the actual piece that he replaced might not have been accurate. I know that simply changing that out, wont make the speedometer inaccurate. MAybe the speed marks on the display of the speedo arent the same as the old one.

Whoa... bad explanation. Im not good at that.
    I know what you mean, but so far its been pretty accurate, Im not 100% sure because I drove past one of those "your speed is: XXX" signs, and my speedo said 55, but the sign said 52, so since then I've been driving 5 MPH over the speed limit, but now Im passing cars everywhere, so I dont know...just gotta take it to a speedo shop.

Originally posted by CBZED101
    at 70 MPH im at 1,900 RPM, same as with my old speedo
    damn at 70mph im at 2,500 rpm. It makes that much of a difference having a 4.3 than a 2.8?
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

Originally posted by rydinlow84
    damn at 70mph im at 2,500 rpm. It makes that much of a difference having a 4.3 than a 2.8?
    I have 3.08s. I see you got rims. :D

:eek: howd u know? like em? :D
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

Originally posted by rydinlow84
    :eek: howd u know? like em? :D