Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rear End..Help!

http://www.etcracingprograms.com/etcalc.htm

I'll let you figure out what 9.75 in the 1/8 calculates out to horspower wise. (its roughly 15.00 sec in the quarter)

No need to apologize for budgets or school and glad your dad is involved.

Before you start taking leafs out ----------- consider adding or building some slapper style traction bars bars and playing around with shocks.

I have some $30 lakewood traction bars that did....lets see....absolutely nothing. I never saw any benefit from them except that wonderful scraping noise when combined with 3" blocks. I have a 12-bolt that i will probably end up getting narrowed to stock width, but i would really like to keep the leaf spring and not going to a 4 link or ladder bar suspension. I would like this to be a gnarly street truck instead of a race truck. Thats what the 395 (or 396 if you wanna be cool) was going to be for. I was plannin on a 396 with a single carb pro street blower looking for about 550 horses to be a weekend warrior. The nitrous will probably be used to have fun until the 383 blows up and give me a reason to finish the 396. And by the way, you think i would benefit from some exhaust cut outs? i like the way the sound cuz i have some 12" dynomax bullets and they sound like old school glass packs to me and i dont like it.

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Those exhaust cut-outs tend to leak more than anything. Not really worth it for the street. They'll also get you into trouble.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

If they are the type that bolt around the springs I heard varying reports on them. I prefer the type that replace the bottom plate and proved a new shock mount to and a preload strap like the more expensive lakewoods.

Might want to check out this thread. There are two curved traction bars variants with pics. I built some unders and there's a neat new idea for some over drop spring 6 inch static drop from new member "HR3".

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=3

I feel deprived as I have always wanted cable cutouts but have never installed.

I like the sound (and price) of generic 2 1/2" turbo mufflers

What about those slide-a-link traction bars? I saw a blazer at the track that has some of those was was running 7.2s it looked totally stock and you couldnt even hear it and it didnt spin at all? you have any do it yourself traction tricks i might try?

Running leafs... I'd go with Caltracs or Slidealinks. Both about the same $$$ wise. I don't know a lotta guys with the slidealinks, but tons of guys from SSF swear by caltracs. I have a set waiting to go on my truck. Havent had the time to pull my leafs off to get them installed yet.

A lot of them in the 1.70 60 ft range with a 4.3.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Darn.......some of you guys are throwing some hard punches at this kid. Eas up on him. He's 17, give him a chance. :confused: :confused: :confused:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA