Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: suicide the back doors on a 4dr

suicide the back doors on a 4dr

Has anyone done this or know of some pics of it done? I'm sure it can be done and I'm mre than capable of doing it, But I would like some ideas to get it started. Any input would be appreciated.

do a search in here, we,ve talked about it already
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    That is the first thing I did and there really nothing but peoples personnal opinions on them. I'm looking for facts, pics, any info pertaining to actually getting it done. I've talked to Jason @ suicidedoors.com and read his how-to and can do it, just wondering...... there has to be someone out there that has done this already?

You could be the first:bigthumb: I think the only thing that would probably be hard to deal with is the wheel well no? But I think if you just mount the hinges above the wheel well there should be no problem. You just have to go out to your truck and stare, and stare some more and keep staring to see how you can do it and make it work.

Originally posted by 94flamds10blazr
    yeah weve talked about it on here b4 but no one has ever displayed a photo of a blazer/jimmy 4door with suicide back doors.

Originally posted by Lucky Dime
    You could be the first:bigthumb: I think the only thing that would probably be hard to deal with is the wheel well no? But I think if you just mount the hinges above the wheel well there should be no problem. You just have to go out to your truck and stare, and stare some more and keep staring to see how you can do it and make it work.
    :D your right about the staring part........ The only thing I'm worried about is having the hinges that close together..... The door sagging. Hell with it, I'm going to do it! Either it is going to work or I will have the only 4dr Blazer minus the 2 back doors. :smoker: Gives me a place to flick my ashes.

QuikRyde 33
    I know i have seen suicide doors on the back of a 4DR before. Just not sure if it was a blazer or not. Prob not, but i know i have deff seen that done before on some kinda SUV. Actually nevermind, it might of been a dual cab p/u...I personally dont like suicide doors anymore, everybody is doing it now. Just like all the imports are doing lambo style doors, and im starting to see that on a lot of trucks now too. What somebody needs to figure out how to do is McLaren/Saleen S7 Doors...Im sure you guys know what im talking about, they go up like Lambo doors but they turn and face towards the front of the car...That shit is hot right there :bigthumb:

you might have seen the PT Cruiser that had it done on Crank and Chrome. It was a crappy job that needed wood blocks to hold it up as they kinda tilted up
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I think it would look better if you found a way of making them latch each other and removing the pillar. Kinda like the 3rd door of an ext. cab pickup, then again what do I worry about, I have a 2-door :)

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    i would say that you probly would have to reinforce the door and the pillar alot and i think you woud be set.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

A friend of mine did his back in 1994...it was featured in Lowrider magazine. I have the issue and will take pics of it and post them here in the next few days. No major mods were required.

Originally posted by phatfarmer2
    i would say that you probly would have to reinforce the door and the pillar alot and i think you woud be set.
    That is what I was thinking, I gotta look at it a little closer. I should be able to run reinforcement steel back into the quarter panel and that should stiffen it up quite abit.

Originally posted by BLOCLVL
    A friend of mine did his back in 1994...it was featured in Lowrider magazine. I have the issue and will take pics of it and post them here in the next few days. No major mods were required.
    That would be great! I would really like to see it.

www.guiltybydesign.net guiltybydesign's Avatar
    heres one

Not exactly

Originally posted by guiltybydesign
    heres one
    I would like to see a pic of a 4 door Blazer with the back doors suicide. I've seen alot of 2 door Blazers with suicide doors, just no 4 drs.