Thread: Vacuum ball acumulator?

Vacuum ball acumulator?

How vital is that vacuum ball acumulator deal? I havent had one in for probobly a year. Will it affect my engine performance? I dont have heat or a/c so no worries there. What about braking, will it affect that. Also, my transmission seems to lag in between shifts lately...could bad vacuum be a reason for this?

most concern I would have would be brakes. If they are working fine then i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I dont think your transmission is vacuum controlled. Check your kickdown cable adjustment for the lagging shift problem.
    this is a test of the sig

I thought that all it did was control vacuum for the heater controls, and such like that.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    i extended the vacume line on it and put it under the battery tray... didnt want to find out what would happen with it out.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

you don't really need it at all. It's sole function in life is to be a booster for the HVAC and Cruise control systems. They didn't even put them on models with the base package. My 87 didn't have it and I added it later to make the controls and cruise work well together.

Alright sweet, so what should i do about the line coming from the block? Just plug it with a threaded plug? Also, wheres that kick-down dealy your talking about mike?

You'll loose some low-end torque with it disconnected. I replaced all my vacuum lines when Rlith said that it would help, and it did, so, I would keep the vacuum ball.

Alright, I did the little adjustment trick and that did it for the shifting. On another non-related issue, im getting low oil pressure around the 15-20 range when i stop. Is this normal? I installed the autometer sender, but if i didnt tighten it enough would the air/oil that leaks through the gap lower my oil pressure? I keep checking the oil and i havent seen any change in the oil level. Is there anything I should be worried about? What are normal idle and running oil pressures?

my lt1 gets under 10 at idle when its hot and they say its normal
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

i've got a 4.3 that get's around 20 hot at idle at 114,000 miles. My 2.5 get's slightly more (around 25PSI) with 40,000 miles on a rebuild. It all depends on the condition of the engine, oil pump, and age of the oil.

If you decide to replace your oil pump go with the High volume instead of the High pressure one to get the results and durability you want. High pressure can wash the bearings out and destroy your engine.

As long as you're carrying oil pressure (over 10PSI) at all you should be OK for a driver.
    Last edited by dum bass; 08-27-2004 at 10:47 AM.

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    yeah iv seen that the perrsure is low on alot of the 4.3s like 15 20 at idel mines stays kinda high about 25 30 psi and when i first start it up its up to 60psi or so
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89