Thread: tips on how to make your 4.3 engine compartment look cleaner

tips on how to make your 4.3 engine compartment look cleaner

any tips ppl got? is there anything in there i can take out that i dont need? like hoses or anything, theres probably not but just asking....i look in my engine compartment and it looks so cludered so any tips on making it look cleaner? so far im going to put a chrome air cleaner in there, chrome valve covers, and take off the 2 hoses that go from the carb into the valve covers, and probably get a steel braded hose for the radiator...what else could i do to make it look better?

i would leave atleast one of those hoses (PCV valves) going to the carb... they help to suck out combustible fumes that can harm your engine :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    routing lines together then just being all over the place, try to keep wires inside wire looms, re route wires so that they are hidden, shorten things if necessary, clean off grease, try taking mothers billet and aluminm polish to any type of metal under the hood it will shine the shit outta it, paint little parts that could be rusted or just dull, ground wires that are all over the place try to move them to a better location so that they arent seen so much. LAST of all armoral the shit out the hoses and plastic pieces just dont armoral the belt!
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

On my V8 Blazer I unhooked the wiring harness then ran it under the brake booster instead of over it. Now the bulk of the harness is behind the motor so it's fairly hidden
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

you can take out your ac.... mine was junk
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

this is about the nicest 4.3L TBI ive seen
    Attached Images Attached Images