Thread: Question about Horsepower

Question about Horsepower

Hey. when I had my flowmaster put on the guy that put it on took off my catylatic converter off. Do you know if that took any horse power off. And does anybody know how much horsepower a factory 1995 4.3 vortec has in it. thanx
    1995 chevy blazer, chrome 18" limited 011 wheels, flowmaster exhaust, cowl hood, jvc head unit, 12" subs, 1500 watt audiobahn amp, slammed soon

depending on where you are not having a cat could prevent you fromreselling.

Most people believe cats subtract horsepower

Switchcraft Customs DJ Nitrous 427's Avatar
    according to MSN autos we have 195 at crank..im not sure though if they tested the Z model or W model like i have. Look at ur vin code thought your windshield on the dash on the driver side and u'll see a long label with a long number on it...the 8th digit will either ha a Z or a W..z is a throttle body injection and a W is central multi-port fuel injection with is rumorder to have about 10 more hp. The cat will give u slightly more hp but dont expect to feel it. In my part of the woods we dont have emission testings and evidently since the shop would take ur cat off i would guess you dont have tests either (our shops wont take em off even though we dont have test). Which flowmasta' u get?...personally i gutted my cat b/c it began to rattle inside http://blazinlow.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=39367 hope i helped
    Premier 880PRS
    ARC PEQ 7 (Silver Edition)
    ARC KAR 265 Componets
    ARC KAR 6932 6x9s
    15" RE Destroyer in 5 cubes @ 27hz

Originally posted by DJ Nitrous 427
    personally i gutted my cat b/c it began to rattle inside
    That cat would've been died for quite some time. Why did you gut your dead cat?
    Im2Drunk2C: well bro i gotta run, work time
    Im2Drunk2C: later
    B o I k 2 0: alright
    B o I k 2 0: before you go tho
    B o I k 2 0: I love you
    Im2Drunk2C: awwww
    Im2Drunk2C: <3

I gutted my friends cat with a cement drill bit or whatever those are...the long ass ones with the shovel lookin thing on the end...didnt take long
    85 sbc blazer

most places i've read said that the 95s have 200 horses...? not TOO large of a difference than 195, but it sure as hell sounds a lot better ;)