Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw Roll Pan for 2nd Gen Blazer = teh Suck!!!!! Please Read!!!!!

Raw Roll Pan for 2nd Gen Blazer = teh Suck!!!!! Please Read!!!!!

I just want to say how disapointed and frustraded I am with RAW also known as (www.itsraw.com)...

As I posted before...

In summary, I called and placed an order for this rollpan I was told it'll take about 10 days to mold it and then a bit for shipping to you from Florida.. You should expect it in about 3-4 weeks...

Well that turned into no less then 5 Months and over 30 Long distance phone calls...

Each time I got the run around, some B.S. Story an excuse or just a plain old lie...

Finally, I got the crappy pan, minus the other stuff that he promised to throw in, to make up for me waiting so long and getting the run around.

(if you really want long drawn out detail, ther is another post, detailing a lot of the conversations I had with them..

Anyway, I recently took it to my body shop, one that I have known for years and very much trust... They are Pretty much the only shop, I'll let do body/paint work on my ride..

I'd use them even if the wait time was longer and the cost was higher than another local shop that I saw do really nice work....

They called me today (knew it wasn't gonna be goodby the guys tone) and asked me if I could come in and take a look at some things..

The shop is having a hell of a time with this pan... They said, no matter what the customer pays, they will not do another one of these...

While I was there, we went into the shop and put it on the back of the truck so I could see all the problem spots...

The body line where the top of the roll pan fits the bottom of the blazers body at, is way off in several places...

If you are up on top of the Blazer looking down at what woulda been the bumper, but is now a (shitty) rollpan... It sticks out almost 2" more on the passenger side than the drivers... It looks like I have a bumper on one side and a roll pan on the other... This is with the front edge snug as it will go at the front/wheel wells...

If you take a level and put it across the bottom or top, this thing is no where near straight...

When its put on the Blazer, fitting all snugged up, there are atleast 4 places that look like complete ass and I'm not sure if it'll be able to be used..

I can not stress how salty I am over this rollpan...

I'm pretty screwed... I have already had the body shop cut off my framerails, bumper mounts and do everything to put this rollpan on so there is no real way I can go back, without a ton of labor dollars. Even then it'll be back to stock and rigged at best...

The shop that is doing this work, is way losing their ass on this job (which I do not feel is right) That or I'll need to cough up several hundred bucks more to kinda help them break even...

They are going to have to cut the thing into peices and see if they can glass it back together to fit better... This thing is sold as Prime and paint... Not eyeball it and mold another yourself...

When I call RAW, all I get is a cocky attitiude. Telling me its molded correctly, everyone he has sold fits right and it must be my truck...

This is not the 1st time I have heard of these RAW pans fitting like this... I have heard several horror stories on forums and hoped it would not happen to me... Well it did...

Also, I ran into a guy at a show over the weekend who had an Xtreme, he had his shop put the same pan on, but made for an Xtreme. Same thing, it fit like shit, it was way off at the wheel wells and had several spots that were just way off the flow... He said if he had it to do again, he would just leave it stock, vs messing with this...

I know one or two of you out there had a success with this pan and it looked really nice...

But I feel I have to warn the rest of you... Its not worth the wait, aggervation, cost or effort... It is a bad gamble at best, that I do no want to see any other Blazer or S-10 owners go through...

At this point, I DO NOT know when I'll get my truck back or what it'll be like... Pretty much the only thing I know is my show season looks to be over... and I'll never ever, buy anything from RAW again or recomend them to anyone... In fact, I recomend you avoid them at all cost.. Like the plauge even.. leave your shit stock... You'll save a lot of money and aggervation...

Mods if you could make this a Sticky, to warn other Blazer owners and keep it visable...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry you have to deal with this kinda !@#$. Thats not cool especially when you are paying top$$$.
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

Sorry to hear about your luck with them, smullen. I've kept an eye on other posts by you and I think Fetto who have had nothing but bad luck with the fitment (the main reason i've decided to make my own rollpan).

Kanderson looks to be one of the only people who have had anything good to say about them, and it's a shame that your story seems to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Any estimate on $ from the body shop yet?

Originally posted by el guapo
    Sorry to hear about your luck with them, smullen. I've kept an eye on other posts by you and I think Fetto who have had nothing but bad luck with the fitment (the main reason i've decided to make my own rollpan).

Kanderson looks to be one of the only people who have had anything good to say about them, and it's a shame that your story seems to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Any estimate on $ from the body shop yet?
    Yea, I'm pretty salty about the whole situation to say the least...

I really did not want to publicly post and go off on this guy and his products, but I felt he left me no choice. I don't want you guys going through this...

Yea, Kanderson's does look pimp... His is the one that actually inspired me to go ahead and do it.... Too bad its not comming out like his...

as far as an estimate,

to Shave taillights, rear windshieeld wiper and everything else on the tailgate, install the caddy deville lights, re-move the door handels to touch up a spot I scratched (another story, don't ask, not that good) and put them back in, install the peice of crap roll pan with whatever work it needs and repaint all of that including re-outlining the back of the trucks body line with the gold ghost color, he quoted me 1500, for materials and labor...

What is it going to be after/if he gets this roll pan lookin right :confused: ??? All bets are off...

He did not ask me for any more money, but as much time as he'll have into it, he'll have too, and I can't blame him...

I told him the roll pan was a prime, paint and Bolt on... He took my word on it and quoted me as such... So I dunno, how much he is gonna want to be happy...

I really gotta recomend this shop, its called Creative Customs... They are all really great guys down there.... Top notch work... Right now they are doing a complete restore on a car to give away to charity to help conver bills for a crippled friend.... Some people say, ahh, he is just doing it for advertisement... I say he doesn't need it... He has way more work than he needs and work of mouth as done him well...

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'
    Sorry you were one of the customers that got a bad pan. I know you were looking forward to receiving it and then all that trouble you had getting it sure make this worse.

Kanderson, i3owdown have theirs installed and it looks good. I have held mine in place and it looks to be a good fit also, but I'm not ready to install mine yet. I know the 3 of us got ours from the first set of what he was making. So maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know. But I have been reading more and more of people with experiences like yours. Mainly with the Xtreme's.

Sorry about your setback dude. Good luck with the rest of your project.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Yea, sorry to hear about all this shit man... Your blazer is pimp and it sucks that shit like that happens to a nice ride... You would think that for 400$ they would at least put some effort into it, not just ass-slap it together...

I had my own plans about that roll pan, but you were the one who changed my mind on it, and I should thank you.

Here is my advice to you... Go to a junk yard and cut off some ends off of an s-10, and buy an s-10 roll pan. Then have the guy cut 3/4 of an inch off of each side of the pan to make it fit, put it on, weld ends on, and weld ends to the roll pan at last. That will pretty much give you the same look as the raw pan would ( if it would fit correctly of coarse). I think it will also save him alot of time verses cuting the raw pan and trying to reglass that shit back together...

If I could find a company that makes some quality fiberglass s-10 roll pans (that dont look like shit), I could easily put together my own version of raw pan, but so far I have no luck and it looks like I will end up getting a steel one and just cutting the ends for now... Maybe later on if I decide to shave my tails, I will get some s-10 ends and weld the pan to them...

Dont know if it helps you much, but thats what I would do in your situation. What ever you do, good luck to you man.
    VLAD

My 95

Re: Raw Roll Pan for 2nd Gen Blazer = teh Suck!!!!! Please Read!!!!!

thats messed up...i remember the problems u were havin wit them.
    so will raw give u your money back atleast? and u can just send it back?

Originally posted by smullen
    (if you really want long drawn out detail, ther is another post, detailing a lot of the conversations I had with them..
    for anyone that wants to know the full story on his wait and issues with RAW:
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...threadid=36892

Re: Re: Raw Roll Pan for 2nd Gen Blazer = teh Suck!!!!! Please Read!!!!!

Originally posted by TooLowTooGo
    thats messed up...i remember the problems u were havin wit them.
    so will raw give u your money back atleast? and u can just send it back?

for anyone that wants to know the full story on his wait and issues with RAW:
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...threadid=36892
    I don't think he would give my money back with the attitude he has....

Plus I'd be out 200.00 for shipping and theres really no good way to put my old bumper back on... The frame rails and such have already been cut off...

So, I guess I'm just goona tought it out and see if we can get the jalopy pan to fit....

u could always cut ur stock bumper to fit....i kno someone has it done on here, i forgot his name tho.
    his aim name is....foedoeblaza

Yea, but it doesnt look really good since the bumper is still stock... Plus it leaves a big gap in between the tailgate and the bumper. And as far as I know, he was going to weld the s-10 pieces on instead of the plastic ones...

But actually, that is fairly easy to do... All you have to do is to cut out 2 sections on the top to clear the body mounts, and it just slides in. Also you can use your stock brackets in this case, you will just have to drill new holes for them in the frame...
    Last edited by x_concepts; 09-18-2004 at 05:35 AM.
    VLAD

My 95

i m glad somebody pointed me to this post, I was gonna order one tommorow. That sucks about your pan, there has to be someway to get your money back.

Sorry to hear that most of you havn't had any luck with the RAW pan. It sounds like I got pretty lucky with mine and only had a few very minor probs...nothing like some of the ones I have been reading about...

Originally posted by lowLIFEBlazer
    i m glad somebody pointed me to this post, I was gonna order one tommorow. That sucks about your pan, there has to be someway to get your money back.

The pan is almost remade now.... So, we'll see how it turns out....

I talked to him today and he said he is making some pretty good progress on the pan... So hopefully, it will be done soon...

Minitruckin alcoholic BlazinLowChik's Avatar
    Originally posted by TooLowTooGo
    u could always cut ur stock bumper to fit....i kno someone has it done on here, i forgot his name tho.
    his aim name is....foedoeblaza
    I've done it...it's not that hard....just time consuming

Originally posted by BlazinLowChik
    I've done it...it's not that hard....just time consuming
    I dont mean anything by what Im saying, but Its hard for me to even imagine a girl working on a car farless fabricating shit... I guess I havnt been hanging around the right ones...

Ill make a how-to about cutting the plastic bumper ends some times... Once I finish fiberglassing the ones I have now and put em on so I can mess around with my stock ones.... if ever... :(

By the way I bought foedoblazer's ends... I got tired of going from junk yard to junk yard and hearing prices such as 30$ for 1 bumper end 60 for both, so I bought his because he wasnt asking as much for them plus they were already cut. Like I said though I just have to reglass them because they started cracking at some places....
    VLAD

My 95